Can I use Microsoft ai genrated images commercial purpose

Is Microsoft users have rights to monetize the images they create using Microsoft Designer and Image Creator.?

Hi Tricchat,

I'm Ahmed and I am here & happy to help.

I'm afraid not. The images generated by Bing AI can only be used for personal, non-commercial purpose as per Bing Image Creator Terms of Use:

"Use of Creations. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, the Microsoft Services Agreement, and our Content Policy, you may use Creations outside of the Online Services for any legal personal, non-commercial purpose."

https://www.bing.com/new/termsofuse

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/...

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Ahmed M.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So Ahmed...

There are a lot of articles on the web about the new Bing AI Image Generator. And many of these articles are written by freelance writers who are using Bing AI image in their articles for which they are being paid for (i.e. a commerical use). Also, these articles are appearing in publications that both have ads on them and are subscription based (NY Times) considered "commerical" (i.e. for profit) businesses.

So, would these writers and publications be violating Microsofts "non-commerical" use defintion?

What is Microsoft's definition of "commercial" use? Does it, like the U.S. Trademark Office mostly exclude "education and editorial" uses?

To be sure this is not clear and I think a lot more information needs to be provided by Microsoft (and Adobe as well) as to how they are defining "commerical" use.

Just saying.

Craig...

MEd Learning Design and Technologies

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 1,403 Applies to: