Bing page appears at startup. Every time. Want to get rid of it.

Bing page appears at startup. Every time. Want to get rid of it. Driving me nuts. Have tried going to Startup, both thru shell:startup and Startup folder but can't see any path to Bing.

Bing page appears at startup. Every time. Want to get rid of it. Driving me nuts. Have tried going to Startup, both thru shell:startup and Startup folder but can't see any path to Bing.

- - -

www.bing.com if it's appearing is being displayed in a browser.

Are you using Edge on Windows 10?

Is Bing opening in Edge on Startup?

Don

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The following link appears on the Bing screen that opens every time. National Parks information changes to another travelogue screen but information about Bing remains constant.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=new+river+gorge+national+park+and+preserve&filters=IsConversation:%22True%22+BTWLKey:%22NewRiverGorgeWestVirginia%22+BTWLType:%22Trivia%22&FORM=EMSDS0 

I confess I forgot to tell you - I am using Windows 11 on a new Lenovo computer. Also that I deleted Edge a month ago in an effort to remove Bing. I do not need Edge nor do I need Bing.

Whether or not you can rid my computer of this Bing junk remains to be seen but I must tell you that I am extremely appreciative of your answer and your efforts.

Regards

Irving Gates

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The following link appears on the Bing screen that opens every time. National Parks information changes to another travelogue screen but information about Bing remains constant.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=new+river+gorge+national+park+and+preserve&filters=IsConversation:%22True%22+BTWLKey:%22NewRiverGorgeWestVirginia%22+BTWLType:%22Trivia%22&FORM=EMSDS0 

I confess I forgot to tell you - I am using Windows 11 on a new Lenovo computer. Also that I deleted Edge a month ago in an effort to remove Bing. I do not need Edge nor do I need Bing.

Whether or not you can rid my computer of this Bing junk remains to be seen but I must tell you that I am extremely appreciative of your answer and your efforts.

Irving Gates

- - -

First... Deleting Edge, however you did that, was a mistake. When Windows Update reinstalls it, you should leave it. If you don't like Edge, don't use it, but Microsoft strongly recommends that users not try to remove Edge.

Next... I think your background/wallpaper is Bing's image of the day. See if you can change it in this way.

Right-click the Desktop and choose Personalize. Select Background then (on the right) choose the background you want. Close personalize.

Don

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2024 Views 1,732 Applies to: