Bing Maps Collections - is there a limit to the number of places?

Is there still a limit to the number of places you can add to a collection in Bing Maps? Used to be 200.

With the new (awful) version, the numbering has been taken away (1., 2., etc) so I can't see how many places I have. I am unable to add any new places and I'm trying to figure out if I've exceeded some amount, even though 1. I'm not getting any such error message and 2. I can't tell how many places I currently have since they took away the numbered lists.

Help!

ALS in Florida

Hello,

To assist you with Bing Maps Collections, kindly follow these steps:

1. Sign in to Bing Maps with your Microsoft account.
  2. To add a pin, right-click on the map to add a pushpin. (You can add up to 200 places)
  3. To change a pin, select your pushpin to move, edit, or delete it.
  4. To create a list of your places, in the My places editor, click My places, click New list, and then add information about your list and save it.
  5. To share places, email a link to a list of places or export them.
  6. To import information, click My places, click Import, paste a URL or browse to the location of a GeoRSS, GPX, KML, or KMZ file, and then choose if you want to create a new list or add it to an existing one. (You can't import photos or other data to a list if you use Safari)

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If I understand correctly, you're trying to save a place to one of your collections, and this is failing without showing an error message of any kind. Can you save the place to a new collection?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, you can also save the place for a new collection as well. We're just here if you need further help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Right. I am trying to add a new point to a current collection I have and it will not add. I get no error of any kind.

I also deleted a handful (5-10) of old pinpoints from the collection that I no longer need. I still can not add a new one. So if 200 is the limit, and I delete 5, I now have 95 and should be able to add 5 more, yet I can not add just one.

It's frustrating that 1. I get no error message of any kind and 2. There is no "counter" or "numbered list" or way for me to tell how many pinpoints I have. Before, the old Bing Maps Collections had numbers next to each pinpoint so you cold easily see if you were nearing 200.

Also, when I go to add a new one all my other ones disappear from the map and I have to re-open the collection.

I AM able to create a new collection and add there, but that is not what I want to do.

So I don't know why I can not add to this collection....?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's also annoying, in the new maps, that to edit one pinpoint you have to click the master edit button on the entire list and then scroll and search for the one you want to edit. Before, you could edit "on" the pinpoint while you had it selected in the map.

Be nice if there was a way to search for a pinpoint in your collection, if, like me, you have over 100 and need to edit one, instead of having to scroll....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You may submit your suggestions to the Windows Feedback hub.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 16, 2023 Views 1,310 Applies to: