Bing app on Android can't find my exact location

I'm getting super annoyed. Google knows my exact location. Bing keeps saying I'm a mile away, even when I refresh and try to reload it. I'm in Chicago, I'm not in the middle of nowhere. This makes Bing completely unusable for directions or nearby searches. This can't just be me. Why hasn't this issue been addressed?

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

If you have an issue with Bing Maps, click here(https://www.bing.com/maps) and then select the feedback button on the bottom of the page.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Casey,

Have you given the app access to your location in the OS? Also, what are your repro steps? Are you using Microsoft Start for Android?

Third party site: Manage your Android device’s location settings - Google Account Help. Google documents that when your location services are not available, Apps will use your IP address to get a general location and this can be wildly off as it is the location of the internet provider giving you internet service.

To fix this you need to provide either the browser you are using or the App with the map permission to use your location services. On an Android phone, Google grants itself such permission as they build the OS but for other apps, you need to give them access.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Without ME it's just "AWESO" - Barney Stinson

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 199 Applies to: