Battery drains very quickly

Got my Band 2 on Saturday and charged it to 100%.  Got it paired with my phone and have been using it just like I did my original Band. Noticed immediately that the battery was draining super fast. I wasn't doing anything with GPS or even using it more than I used my original Band but the battery is draining to 10% in 18 hours or less.  Anyone else having super fast battery drain? Thinking I may have a lemon on my wrist.
Answer
Answer

My Band died today. It was 100% charged at 6:00 this morning and completely dead at 11:00 am. Bi tried to charge it and it wanted me to verify the time and date. It would work until the display timed out and then I would have to unplug it and plug it back in to wake it up. My last Band did the same thing and then finally died so I did a factory reset on it just before this one died. I've had it on charge for several hours and it is not charging. Time to call support, this one is only a few months old. 

I read an article saying that Microsoft has quit making the Band 2 and most likely not announce a Band 3. 

Hi,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps found on the first page of this thread by Clare_Hs? If yes and still experiencing the same issue, please reach out to our assisted support to talk about your options.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Kappax,

Under normal usage the battery should be lasting longer than that.  You may have a faulty Band.  I would suggest contacting Band Support to see about getting it serviced or replaced.

Chris Miller @anotherlab
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP since 2013
Please click "yes" if you found my answer helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2018 Views 2,480 Applies to: