Discussion
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Cortana on Band 2 can’t reach your Phone

Bleak Morn started on

Anyone else having issues where Cortana stops responding to voice commands from your Band 2?

Details here: https://40north.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/cortana-on-band-2-cant-reach-your-phone/

After a device reset, everything works fine - then after about 6 hours or so I get:

"Sorry, I couldn't reach your phone..."

...or:

"Make sure Bluetooth is on and your phone is close by"

I've contacted chat support twice on the matter and the only answer they have is to do a device reset whenever this happens (daily based on my experiences - and that of a friend having the same issue) or to get a Band 2 replacement.

Maybe if we can find a few more people experiencing this issue we can figure out a quicker work-around than a device reset and re-installing the Microsoft Health app on my phone.

Maybe the issue isn't the Band 2 - maybe the phone isn't responding to requests properly - which would be odd since all other data from the Band 2 is syncing just fine.

UPDATE: Stopped the Microsoft store last night. They said that based on internal posts this has been a known issue with Band 2 when used with Windows 10 Mobile since November. No ETA on a fix. 😩

"We're all in it together, kid." - Harry Tuttle, Heating Engineer
42 people have recommended this discussion

Abuse history

progress