Discussion

Cortana on Band 2 can’t reach your Phone

Anyone else having issues where Cortana stops responding to voice commands from your Band 2?

Details here: https://40north.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/cortana-on-band-2-cant-reach-your-phone/

After a device reset, everything works fine - then after about 6 hours or so I get:

"Sorry, I couldn't reach your phone..."

...or:

"Make sure Bluetooth is on and your phone is close by"

I've contacted chat support twice on the matter and the only answer they have is to do a device reset whenever this happens (daily based on my experiences - and that of a friend having the same issue) or to get a Band 2 replacement.

Maybe if we can find a few more people experiencing this issue we can figure out a quicker work-around than a device reset and re-installing the Microsoft Health app on my phone.

Maybe the issue isn't the Band 2 - maybe the phone isn't responding to requests properly - which would be odd since all other data from the Band 2 is syncing just fine.

UPDATE: Stopped the Microsoft store last night. They said that based on internal posts this has been a known issue with Band 2 when used with Windows 10 Mobile since November. No ETA on a fix. 😩

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Similar issues have been plaguing people with Windows 10 Mobile.

What is your phone model? Which OS do you use?

Also, usually, when you have this problem you also cannot reply to SMS using the mini-keyboard or pre-defined replies. Is it your case?

Similar issues have been plaguing people with Windows 10 Mobile.

What is your phone model? Which OS do you use?

Also, usually, when you have this problem you also cannot reply to SMS using the mini-keyboard or pre-defined replies. Is it your case?

I'm on a Lumia 950 XL.  I've noticed the problem on both the stock version and the Insider Fast Ring versions of Windows 10 Mobile.

I haven't tested SMS replies much (I avoid SMS and use Skype or Telegram instead), but when I was demoing it to a co-worker, it failed.

"We're all in it together, kid." - Harry Tuttle, Heating Engineer

Ditto on all counts. Same hardware 950 xl and band 2. Very frustrating and seemingly unsolvable except for a reset :(

Me too. On my Lumia 830 running windows 10 release ring. I even got my band replaced and the problem persists.

@Bleak morn, just got a software update for the band2 and it now is able to connect about 80% of the time without resetting. That said it still takes quite a while for it to think about the question compared to on the phone. Still though... Progress :) did you get the same results?

I've seen this also when I have another bluetooth headset connected. When I disconnect that headset, it's more likely to work. Doesn't mean it always does.

@Bleak morn, just got a software update for the band2 and it now is able to connect about 80% of the time without resetting. That said it still takes quite a while for it to think about the question compared to on the phone. Still though... Progress :) did you get the same results?

I tried it right after the update.  It worked a few times and is back to not working at all the last few times I've tried it.

I've seen this also when I have another bluetooth headset connected. When I disconnect that headset, it's more likely to work. Doesn't mean it always does.

I have a few other devices Paired, but no others have been Connected when I've experience the issues.  The main thing I connect with is Ford Sync and I haven't really tried issuing Cortana voice commands via the Band 2 in the car.

950xl band 2 here cant belive this is still so broken

come MS get it working for at least 950xl :¬)

its embarrassing when I try to show people this feature and they laugh at me

Have that same problem. Ive reset both phone and band in every way imaginable and i still get the error. Can't IM from bqnd either 

Discussion Info

Views: 1,351 Last updated: May 11, 2018 Applies to: