Microsoft Band turns itself off all of the time

My Microsoft Band has started to turn itself off randomly.

For example, I go to check the time while wearing it and noticed it is off. I push the button to turn it on to check the time and within 10 second I feel it vibrate on my wrist and it turns off. I plug it in and it says it is at 80% charge on the battery is it is not a low battery. I have charged it overnight and see it happen at 100%.

I have tried the factory reset of the band but that did not help.

I know the firmware is up to date with build 10.2.2818.0 09 R

I have notice before that it does not consistently tracked my steps so I really wonder if it is defective.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2019 Views 10,016 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello JamesThompson_117,

Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Band  community. According to your post your Band is shutting down by itself. How long ago does this issue start? Have you done any recent changes in your Band ?

We are  recommending you to reset the Band. You can see the instructions about how to reset the Band on this link, after step 3 please uninstall the Health app from your phone then proceed to step 4.You will need to re-install the Health app on your phone then setup again the Band.

Please let us know what 's happening.

Best regards,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

AaronBre,

Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Band community forum. Sorry for the troubles with your Band.

At this point, if hard reset did not help and the device continues to randomly shut down, I would suggest you reach out to support for further assistance.

Respectfully,
Ben_Mk

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.