Microsoft Band App on Windows 10 Mobile stopped Syncing data..

Hi,

I'm running Microsoft Band App version 2.3.30123.0 on my Nokia 735 mobile with OS version 10.0.14393.1480. From 19th July 2017, I have been unable to sync data. Every time it tries to Sync data from the device I get a popup Error Message:

System error
Something went wrong. Please try again later.

It's been 3 days and still no syncing. I also went through the trouble of Resetting the phone both Soft and Hard Resets with the same result. The last attempt, I went and restored the phone back to Windows 8.1 and progressively went through the upgrade procedure to Windows 10 Mobile. (Same issue)

Does Microsoft Band App no longer work with Phone as a device step counter??

I know there was a windows update a few days ago but I am certain it is the App itself since I did try to do the sync whilst going through the upgrade process and it still failed on Microsoft Band App version 1.3.xx

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

When did the issue started? Have you check if all updates were successfully installed? Check this link to troubleshoot sync issue.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The issue started on19th of July 2017. Just to be clear, I do not have a Microsoft Band Device, my phone has the Lumia Motion Data turned on and set to 'Detailed'. 

The Microsoft Band App Tries to Sync when it starts.

Then the popup comes up with System Error.

Below is when the App was working and data was being sync'd.

Prior to 19th of July 2017

It is on Wednesday 19th of July 2017 when data just stopped.

I have the installed and updated all updates on the phone and countless restarts later the System Error Popup is still occurring. If it were a network issue, then my other apps would be failing too. It is specific to Microsoft Band App.

During my update process I did have the Health and Fitness app running at 1 stage and it did do a sync with no issue.

After a reboot it tells me to get another app because it is no longer supported. (Windows 8.1).

I think I just have to wait for another update to roll through.. something has screwed up..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem with my Lumia 950. I am sure the problem is related only to the Microsoft Band App, since other apps like "Fitbit" or "Run and Walk" can synce with my phone and count my steps.

The problem started on July 19th.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jose,

Check the settings on your Microsoft Band for it to work properly. Check this link to troubleshoot the syncing issue.

Do update us on the progress.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jose,

Check the settings on your Microsoft Band for it to work properly. Check this link to troubleshoot the syncing issue.

Do update us on the progress.

Thank you.

My entire family has been having the same problem with Microsoft Band not working for several days as well.

We all have Nokia Lumia 635s (512 MB RAM and Lumia Cyan update because T-Mobile never released the Denim update) for T-Mobile, we use the Microsoft Band app on our phones to track our steps using our phone, and Microsoft Band has not been working for several days.

We keep getting a System Error every time we try to see or sync our steps, and we can not even submit feedback from the app because we get the same System Error when we try.

We tried the troubleshooting steps that you listed, but it still does not work.

Because this is happening to my entire family and others, I think that the problem is on Microsoft's end, because it still does not work even using Wi-Fi and even after reinstalling the app and restarting our phones et cetera.

Is Microsoft aware of this issue and will they fix it?

Thank you,

-John Jr

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I'm running Microsoft Band App version 2.3.30123.0 on my Nokia 735 mobile with OS version 10.0.14393.1480. From 19th July 2017, I have been unable to sync data. Every time it tries to Sync data from the device I get a popup Error Message:

System error
Something went wrong. Please try again later.

It's been 3 days and still no syncing. I also went through the trouble of Resetting the phone both Soft and Hard Resets with the same result. The last attempt, I went and restored the phone back to Windows 8.1 and progressively went through the upgrade procedure to Windows 10 Mobile. (Same issue)

Does Microsoft Band App no longer work with Phone as a device step counter??

I know there was a windows update a few days ago but I am certain it is the App itself since I did try to do the sync whilst going through the upgrade process and it still failed on Microsoft Band App version 1.3.xx

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

My entire family has the same problem, and so you are not alone; and so this is probably a problem on Microsoft's end that needs to be fixed.

-John Jr

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Rizza:

I have tried all steps indicated in the link and still the app cannot count steps.

I have installed the Fitbit app and can count my steps using only my phone, a Lumia 950.

The app stopped working on July 19th. That day the "MS to do" and the OneDrive apps were updated, not sure if there a cause-effect relationship.

Regards,

Jose

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi John:

I agree with you that this is a problem on Microsoft's side. Hope they can fix the problem soon.

Regards,

Jose

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jose Ley,

Does the Fitbit app require an account to be able to see your steps?

Thank you for providing that exact date, maybe there is a connection.

-John Jr

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jose Ley,

Yeah, do you think that there is a chance that they might be about to discontinue the Microsoft Band app and / or replace it?

I miss the MSN Health & Fitness app, it was better.

Do you know of any free step tracking apps for Windows Phone 8.1 that does not require an account and that do not have annoying and / or questionable ads?

-John Jr

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2021 Views 4,575 Applies to: