Microsoft band Bluetooth Issues

I purchased the Microsoft band today, and no matter what I try, it will not stay connected to my Lumia 1520. One of the main reasons I got the band was notifications, Cortana etc. But without the Bluetooth.... its near useless for me.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2018 Views 607 Applies to:
If this post helped, mark it as answer or click "Me Too"

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Seth,

I am using a Microsoft Band with a Lumia 1520 and have no connectivity issues ... that is, as long as I am running Windows 8.1 Update 1. However, once I upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile, there are some known issues as this is a Technical Preview (e.g., Beta) and is not ready for release to the general public. However, I know this, expect this, and am patient with the connectivity issues.

With that said, please be sure that you connect your Band and run the Microsoft Health app, to insure you have all the necessary Firmware updates for your Microsoft Band. Some of the newer updates had resolved most, if not all for the different connectivity issues being experienced. The forum post referred to by Denis is dated back in late 2014 and much has improved since then.

More info here: Microsoft Band and Microsoft Health app update history 

I hope this helps!

David

Windows 10 ... upgrade your world!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok at my new workplace I don't have internet service and I noticed my band sometimes doesn't *actually* connect to my phone via bluetooth while I'm here. It's happened before (sometimes not in a dead zone, when I'm on carrier data and/or wifi it's done it too) and I want to know if this is some strange interaction between the two systems. It doesn't make sense that I can't even get my call and message notifications on my band. 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.