Disk space usage bar in My Computer is missing (Win7)

Hi,

Windows 7 64 Bits

since yesterday I noticed that the disk space usage bar (the one that get red when the disk is quite full) is missing in "My Computer".  In fact, For each drive I can see the disk icon, on its right and up the name (Local Disk (c:) for example) and that's all. it seems like if the place holder for disk usage bar is there (left to the drive icon is free) but cannot see any thing. If I keep the mouse on the drive the drive space and free space appear in a

I'm suspecting the windows Updates I've done the day before but I'm not sure.

Any help will be apreciated

Answer
Answer

Hi,

I finally solved the issue by deleting somr registry keys and then encountered it again just today. I decided to solve it definitively.

I haven't explored all possibilitiies but here is a simple solution: just delete the following key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

By deleting this key you wil lose folders customization. this is probably not such a big deal but you have to know.

Now, I don't know if this is particular to my configuration I suceeded in solving the issue by deleting only 1 value:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\15\Shell\{5C4F28B5-F869-4E84-8E60-F11DB97C5CC7}\mode

Hope tis information help whoever has this issue

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 26, 2021 Views 7,865 Applies to: