Arial Narrow Font is missing!

I have Windows 7 Professional that was factory installed on a Dell  laptop that I purchased in late November of 2009.  The following Arial fonts are installed:

1. Arial Black
  2. Arial Bold
  3. Arial Bold Italic
  4. Arial Italic
  5. Arial Regular

I have some software that is expecting Arial Narrow which is obviously not in the above list.  Is Arial Narrow not automatically installed as part of Windows 7?

I have/see Arial Narrow on another PC that has Windows XP Professional installed.  And, I have/see Arial Narrow on still another PC that has Windows Vista Business installed.  Was Arial Narrow installed as part of these earlier versions of Windows?  Or, was Arial Narrow installed as part of some other application like Microsoft Office which resides on these 2 PC's, but not on the Windows 7 PC?

Thanks for any help or insight anyone might provide.

Answer
Answer

FYI, when I open C:\Windows\Fonts in Explorer I see Arial.  When I double click it, I get a Font family details screen:

Right-click > Properties on the Arial Narrow font in the above window yields:

What I don't know is whether an app that I have installed brought the ARIALN.TTF file along with it.  I don't have a fresh, out-of-the box Windows 7 system to look at right now.

-Noel

112 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 63,311 Applies to: