AKS
Had this question 205
Question
AKS asked on

Windows Phone 7 Bluetooth handsfree problem

My Samsung Focus is having problems working with my built-in handsfree bluetooth system in my car (Infiniti G35).  The phone discovers & pairs just fine.  However, any call connection results in horribly garbled audio.  I discovered that if I disconnect the BT connection from my car during a call and then reconnect, the audio recovers to work fine.  However, the next call will result in the same problem.  I drove over to the ATT store & tried out their display models, both another Focus & their HTC Surround.  They BOTH exhibited the same problem, so it appears to be a WP7 problem.  I did try my phone on an older model G35 w/ handfree BT which worked fine.  My old iPhone 3GS & other droids work fine w/my car.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?  From my basic testing, it appears to be a MS software / driver problem.  Help!

Patrizia R.
Found this helpful 3
Answer
Patrizia R. replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

Hello AKS,

I am gathering more information about this issue, will update you as soon as possible!

goyasin
Found this helpful 1
goyasin replied on
I have a Samsung Focus. When using handsfree in my 2009 Mazda6, the bluetooth connection frequently drops. I can pair the devices very quickly and easily. I can play music over the car speakers perfectly. The BT connection drops during phone calls. I have icons on my dash that show when phone and music are connected to BT. I see the BT phone connection drop frequently. After some time, it will come back. However, when this condition occurs, if I go into settings -> bluetooth, the connection comes back immediately. I have tested this many times. It's almost like opening that bluetooth window forces it to connect again. This happens so frequently and is so embarrassing when I'm on calls, it is unusable. Also, even when it is connected, the sound quality is horrible. The music, however, sounds fantastic. Anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts?
Dieter Wijckmans
Found this helpful 1
Dieter Wijckmans replied on
MVP

I'm using a HTC Trophy 7 in combination with a Volvo V70.

Can you check whether the phone is rebooting at the time of the break of connection?

Mine sometimes reboots, reconnects to the car but on the phone itself it's waiting for the pin to continue and thus I'm unreachable until I enter the pin.

"The secret of success is to do common things uncommonly well." -- John D. Rockefeller
goyasin
Found this helpful 0
goyasin replied on

Hi Dieter,

No, I am not having the same issue. The phone is not rebooting. The phone is fully functional while this is happening. In fact, what I have to do is switch to speaker so I can continue the conversation. Also, like I said, if I go into the bluetooth applet, it immediately reconnects.

thekeeblerelf
Found this helpful 1
thekeeblerelf replied on

I'm having a bluetooth problem with my hands-free as well.  I'm using a Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT receiver, which uses the HFP, A2DP, and AVRCP bluetooth profiles.  Audio streams to the receiver without problems, but when a phone call is received, the audio is routed through the phone's speaker rather than through the receiver, even though the receiver notices that a phone call is incoming (even displays the contact name).

@goyasin, are you sure bluetooth is dropping, or is the sound coming through the phone's speaker like it does for me?

thekeeblerelf
Found this helpful 0
thekeeblerelf replied on

Woops, I missed the part where you mention that you actually get sound through your bluetooth connection, until it drops.  Different problem, I suppose.  Mine maintains the bluetooth connection, but doesn't route the audio through the preferred device.
Niklas Möllberg
Found this helpful 2
Niklas Möllberg replied on

Have a brand new Volvo V70 with their Bluetooth kit.

When connecting my phone (HTC Mozart) the phone will randomly restart when connecting or soon after connection when I use the phone for almost anything.

Anyone experienced anything like that? It's like a BSD on the phone ;-)

CCarrara
Found this helpful 0
CCarrara replied on

I have a Samsung Focus running Win 7, and a '07 Mini Cooper S.  My focus also syncs up just fine with the car, but calls are difficult to hear due to poor sound qaulity.  It "works", but very staticky.
Dieter Wijckmans
Found this helpful 0
Dieter Wijckmans replied on
MVP

HTC Trophy 7 in combination with '08 Volvo V70.

All functions work but when I sync the phonebook the phone just reboots.

"The secret of success is to do common things uncommonly well." -- John D. Rockefeller
thekeeblerelf
Found this helpful 0
thekeeblerelf replied on

Well, you're one step closer to a resolution than I am.  I have a Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT head unit installed in my truck, and it does detect incoming calls (and displays the associated contact), but doesn't output the audio through bluetooth to my receiver.  Instead, the audio is piped through the earpiece of my phone (Samsung Focus).  
Previous Previous Page of 32 Next Next