Firkinfedup
Had this question 7
Question
Firkinfedup asked on

Update for HTC HD7

Hi there,

Although i know the WP7 update has caused issues for some, including the Samsung Omnia 7 users.  I was just wondering why the update hasn't reached me yet?  I have an HTC HD7 on the O2 network.  I haven't seen any mention of updates, Zune is all up-to-date, my phone says no update is available and so does Zune.

When should I expect this or is this a bug?...

Nick.

Joel Ivory Johnson
Found this helpful 6
Answer
Joel Ivory Johnson replied on

This first update isn't going to be pushed out through all carriers (the copy and paste update, which includes the changes from this update, will be released, will be pushed out to every one). So it's possible that you won't receive this update.  Don't be concerned, it's not a bug. You'll get the copy and paste update when it rolls out.

Joel Ivory Johnson
http://www.j2i.net
Firkinfedup
Found this helpful 0
Firkinfedup replied on

Hey Joel,

Many thanks for the reply that's great to know!  Thanks for your time it's much appreciated.

Nick.

Jezclayton
Found this helpful 0
Jezclayton replied on
I am in the same situation, i.e. HD7 on O2. Not in the slightest worried by missing this interim update, especially as the HD7 seems to work better than some of the other phones. Sure I get the occasional problem but the phone handles them in an almost stealth like fashion.
Tillyboo
Found this helpful 0
Tillyboo replied on

I'm glad this has been answered. 

Just out of interested, when is the Copy and Paste update being released?

PaulCampbel
Found this helpful 0
PaulCampbel replied on

I wish I was that confident with O2. Sure they'll be forced to not block the next update but I'm pretty sceptical that they'll release it in a timely fashion. If they're using "testing" as the reason for this update not being released then who knows how long one that contains new features for the phone will take them to test.
Joe Sellner
Found this helpful 0
Joe Sellner replied on

I understand the update process but I would like to see a listing of Windows phone 7 software builds (OS versions). I am currently at 7.0.7004.0

Can we get a list of builds?

Will the current update raise our software version #?

Thanks

Jezclayton
Found this helpful 0
Jezclayton replied on
I have just had my update (HTC HD7 on O2 UK) and am now on software version 7.0 (7008).
Tillyboo
Found this helpful 0
Tillyboo replied on

Same ;D

Awaiting the Copy and Paste update now ;D

thomascastle
Found this helpful 0
thomascastle replied on

I have just had my update (HTC HD7 on O2 UK) and am now on software version 7.0 (7008).

i have just done this update to my HTC on the o2 network, but now when i turn my phone on, it all loads up perfect, but i have no display? the menu has disappeared all i get in my signal strength and the time, it was working fine before this update? help? cheers
Tillyboo
Found this helpful 0
Tillyboo replied on

Have you tried rebooting it?
Previous Previous Page of 3 Next Next