Tboggs13
Had this question 4
Question
Tboggs13 asked on

Is WP7 breaking apps? Weatherbug, AP Mobile, The Weather Channel, Xbox Live

I have three HD7 phones in my family and multiple issues.

On my son's phone, it will not launch Rocket Riot or Fruit Nina

On my phone, I cannot launch AP Mobile, The Weather Channel and the live tile for Weatherbug is not updating.

I have tried uninstalling the apps, rebooting, etc but results are inconsistent. I have also had connectivity issues with T-Mobile this whole time. Starting to wonder is there are system level dependencies that might be causing the problems.

The Rocket Riot developers indicated they would contact Microsoft and Weatherbug has publicly stated they are working with Microsoft on the live tile issue.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line
Found this helpful 0
Answer

On my phone, I cannot launch AP Mobile, The Weather Channel and the live tile for Weatherbug is not updating.

AP Mobile and The Weather Channel work fine for me ... no issues using data or WiFI.  Are you using a data connection or WiFi or both? 

I switched from Weather Bug to The Weather Channel when the Live Tile started to not update and since the change, I have been very happy with the Weather Channel.

Jack Cook
http://www.experiencemobility.net

Lead Moderator
Windows Phone Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/phone
Windows Phone ... Just press start and enjoy a true mobile experience
Sven Johannsen
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Sven Johannsen replied on

I had a problem with the Weatherbug tile updating and contacted them. Their suggestion was to increase the update frequency (make it longer) which was neither really acceptable, nor did it work. I did uninstall and re-install that app and it seemed to restore the tile update. So far at least. It is set for 1 hr, which around here could mean it says sunny when it is actually snowing. The whole tile mechanism is a bit of a bizarre process IMHO. During the tile issue, I never had a problem with the actual application. It tracked what was displayed on my laptop/desktop, when I had access to both at the same time.
Michael C.
Found this helpful 0
Michael C. replied on
Don't have the games but the the other apps are working just fine for me. A little laggy maybe. HD7 on T-mobile in Colorado. No Weatherbug.
Tboggs13
Found this helpful 0
Tboggs13 replied on

The other apps appeared to be an issue with a bad network connection. I had a wireless router connected, but it had no internet connection. It's possible that since these apps rely on the internet they failed at load when the wireless connection timed out. It does seem like bad programming to let apps crash instead of loading offline and telling you it can't connect.

The games in question, I don't know sometimes - very rarely - they will load but most of the time they just crash no matter what intenet connection I have.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line
Found this helpful 0
Answer

AP Mobile and The Weather Channel work fine for me ... no issues using data or WiFI.  Are you using a data connection or WiFi or both? 

I switched from Weather Bug to The Weather Channel when the Live Tile started to not update and since the change, I have been very happy with the Weather Channel.

Jack Cook
http://www.experiencemobility.net

Lead Moderator
Windows Phone Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/phone
Windows Phone ... Just press start and enjoy a true mobile experience
Sven Johannsen
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Sven Johannsen replied on

I had a problem with the Weatherbug tile updating and contacted them. Their suggestion was to increase the update frequency (make it longer) which was neither really acceptable, nor did it work. I did uninstall and re-install that app and it seemed to restore the tile update. So far at least. It is set for 1 hr, which around here could mean it says sunny when it is actually snowing. The whole tile mechanism is a bit of a bizarre process IMHO. During the tile issue, I never had a problem with the actual application. It tracked what was displayed on my laptop/desktop, when I had access to both at the same time.
mwCraine
Found this helpful 0
mwCraine replied on

I've got a Samsung Focus and I can't launch the AP app.  At first it worked then every so often it would start to launch and then fail.  I uninstalled/reinstalled and it worked again for a week or so then started failing again.  I've given up on it.  I found a few posts in other forums wher e others were having the same issue.  I figure it's yet another bug that needs to be fixed. 
Kevin Wheeler
Found this helpful 0
Kevin Wheeler replied on

I have a Samsung Focus and the AP application works fine.  Even the live tile is working.  So I don't think its a bug with the phone.