Asteryca
Had this question 46
Question
Asteryca asked on

How long should we wait for the .7008 update?

I know the posting for the update said it will be available to different people at different times, but I have been waiting all day and still no update available.  My Zune software is up to date, my battery is charged and I have restarted the phone several times.  I have also tried manually checking for updates in the zune software and it says the phone is up to date at version 7004
Joel Ivory Johnson
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Joel Ivory Johnson replied on

Alex, when an update is available the phone will notify you (SIM unlocking your phone really isn't a factor in the whole thing).  The February update doesn't contain anything that would be visible to you. It's possible that you will end up getting it bundled with the next update. 
Joel Ivory Johnson
http://www.j2i.net
Diego T. - WP7 Support
Found this helpful 0
Diego T. - WP7 Support replied on

Some Mobile Operators have the right to skip one update if they wish.
However, they can't skip the next one, which would be an acumulative update and would include the previous one.

So if your mobile operator decided to block this one, you will be getting the early March one (which will include the Feb one too)

rdubmu
Found this helpful 0
rdubmu replied on

Which mobile operators have decided to skip this update?
Asteryca
Found this helpful 0
Asteryca replied on

Which carriers have decided to skip? I am currently running an LG Quantum on AT&T

batsai
Found this helpful 0
batsai replied on

I'd be interested to know too... Samsung Focus here on AT&T.
Entegy
Found this helpful 0
Entegy replied on

If any carrier has skipped this update, be happy, because that means that they have no choice but to give you NoDo since they cannot skip two updates in a row.
"No matter where you are, everyone is connected"
Jeepguy25
Found this helpful 0
Jeepguy25 replied on

Wait... are you f'ing serious???  How is this the first Ive heard of this...  So a carrier can deny us an update?  I could get NoDo....but possibly not Mango?  Thats the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard...

I swear on everything I own...right here, right now...if I found out that AT&T held back an update on my phone at any point in time...Ill pay the early termination fee right then and there and go somewhere else.  I dont care how much they inflate it to rob us.  Ill do everything in my power to take what little bit of money I give them away. 

Mobile phones are becoming such a PITA.  haha. 

piaqt
Found this helpful 0
piaqt replied on

Wait... are you f'ing serious???  How is this the first Ive heard of this...  So a carrier can deny us an update?  I could get NoDo....but possibly not Mango?  Thats the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard...

I swear on everything I own...right here, right now...if I found out that AT&T held back an update on my phone at any point in time...Ill pay theearly termination fee right then and there and go somewhere else.  I dont care how much they inflate it to rob us.  Ill do everything in my power to take what little bit of money I give them away. 

Mobile phones are becoming such a PITA.  haha. 

Me, too.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” - Albert Einstein
Diego T. - WP7 Support
Found this helpful 0
Diego T. - WP7 Support replied on

Well, carriers have the right to do that, but only can skip one update. The next one would be acumulative, so in 2 update cycles you should be always gettings all available updates.
Update cycles will be quite frequent, so should not be a big issue in my opinion.

And if we talk about future big updates, I don't think AT&T wants to skip a big update with big new features.

LastBattle
Found this helpful 0
LastBattle replied on

Carrier Singtel of Singapore, I havn't receive any updates so far.

I've done a test on MobileOne's [M1] network and it finally prompts an active update.

DARRONl
Found this helpful 0
DARRONl replied on

HD7 USER FROM SINGAPORE, did not see any update...while all my friends using LG, Samsung.they already got it. Now what is wrong with HD7???

Previous Previous Page of 10 Next Next