nkornaros
Found this helpful 0
nkornaros replied on

Hello,
I am following this thread for a few days hoping there will be finally a real announcement about where the issue is and what will be done to fix it but I am growing disapointed since then...

I have an HTC Trophy, and since NoDo update I am experiencing that now famous color banding... It is really quite frustrating, and the lack of communication either on Microsoft side or HTC is even more excruciating.

I really hope there will be soon a fix for that, or at least some explanation on what happened.

If it can be of any help here is what I have in the About section of my phone:

• OS version: 7.0.7392.0
  • Firmware revision number: 2250.09.12000.166
  • Hardware revision number: 0003
  • Radio software version: 5.54.09.21_22.33b.50.10U
  • Radio hardware version: A.102.0.D4
  • Bootloader version: 1.20.2250.0 (117833)
  • Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

WindoM MacrosorcH
    Found this helpful 0
    WindoM MacrosorcH replied on

To answer David, yes, in the Pictures Hub the banding disappears if I zoom in on a picture even a little.

Banding is still everywhere.

My phone details follow:

Model: HTC 7 Mozart
    OS Version: 7.0.7392.0
    Firmware revision number: 2250.09.13001.401
    Hardware revision number: 0004
    Radio software version: 5.54.09.21_22.33b.50.10U
    Radio hardware version: A.102.0.D4
    Bootloader version: 1.30.2250.1(117833)
    Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0
    David A Matson
    Found this helpful 1
    David A Matson replied on

Hello All!

Followed-up with the appropriate WP7 team members, so Microsoft is certainly aware of the issue at this juncture.  

I'll let you all know when I hear something back!

Please click green "Yes" or "Mark It" boxes if my post was either helpful or answered your question!
    VonCrisp
    Found this helpful 0
    VonCrisp replied on

Reporting in with my Omnia 7 having the same banding issue.

You can find a 15 page thread on XDA with people from all over the place with the same issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1028496

PDA: I8700XXJJ6

OS version: 7.0.7390.0

firmware rev: 2424.10.10.6

radio rev:       2424.10.10.6

hw rev:        3.15.0.4

Bootloader version: 4.10.1.9

EchoBlue7
    Found this helpful 0
    EchoBlue7 replied on

@David:

Hi, i have the color banding issue ever since my phone was updated to NoDo. Both HTC update and NoDo were in a single update (7390). Now I have updated my phone to 7392 and it still has the same color banding issue. Zooming in on a picture with color banding doesnt make a difference - still has color banding. All my pics AND apps with gradients show color banding which is very annoying. My last email to HTC wasnt helpful at all and they didnt took ownership of the problem but said "Microsoft is working on this". My phone is from Singapore, here are the details:

Model: HD7 T9292 OS Version: 7.0.7392.0

FW rev ver number: 2250.09.16901.728

HW rev num: 0002

Radio SW ver: 5.54.09.21_22.33b.50.10U

radio HW: A.102.0.D4

Bootloader version: 1.69.2250.0(117833)

chip SOC: 2.2.5.0

Thanks! Please further escalate the issue, kindly bug them again and again :)

TobiasUlm
    Found this helpful 0
    TobiasUlm replied on

Hi *,

just want to report the same band issue on a HTC Mozart 7 with German T-Mobile Branding. After the Update which was rolled out on May 4th to Version 7.0.7392.0 the color depth was turned down to 16 bit. I also emailed to the HTC Support with following (stupid) answer: (Sorry it's in german)

Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Aus Ihrer Email geht hervor, dass Sie gegenwärtig folgende Probleme haben:
    Nach dem letzten Upgrade auf Ihrem T-Mobile gebrandeten Mozart sind die Farbverläufe nicht richtig.

Nach dem Upgrade auf meinem HD7 (auch Phone 7) habe ich dieses Problem nicht.
    Um Ihr Problem zu lösen, würden wir Ihnen folgende Vorgehensweise vorschlagen:
    Führen Sie bitte einen Hardreset durch und laden Sie das Upgrade wieder herunter. Es ist ein ziemlich großes Upgrade (hatte bei mir 40 Minuten gedauert und ich brauchte drei Versuche) und es mag sein, dass es nicht ganz installiert wurde.

Hardreset: Zuerst entnehmen Sie bitte vorsichtshalber SIM und SD Karten. Dann sichern Sie zuerst Ihre Daten, um einen Datenverlust zu vermeiden, da Ihre persönlichen Daten und Einstellungen vom Gerät gelöscht werden. Anbei finden Sie eine Anleitung für den Hardreset: Einstellungen > Info > Handy zurücksetzen.

They told me to hard reset my phone. I didn't believe in this and after i did the reset the banding bug is still there!

Model: HTC 7 Mozart

OS Version: 7.0.7392.0

FW: 2250.21.13201.11

HW: 0004

Radio SW: 5.65.09.25_22.45.50.21U

Radio HW: A.102.0.D4

Bootloader: 1.32.2250.1(119496)

Chip SOC: 2.2.5.0

Greetings from lower bavaria

Tobi

Aled T.
    Found this helpful 0
    Answer
    Aled T. replied on
    Microsoft Forum Moderator

Hello,

When HTC launched the HD7 and Trophy they upgraded the color depth to 32 bit, which was outside of Microsoft’s design requirements of 16bit. Microsoft implemented the design standards to help ensure the best possible and consistent experience for all customers on all Windows Phones. To continue to deliver a stable and consistent customer experience, HTC returned the devices to the 16 bit design requirements as part of the March (7.0.7390) update.

The color palette change should not make a noticeable change to most customers experience on their Windows Phone 7. Microsoft's goal is to ensure that the device is performing as optimally as possible – and as always their engineering teams continue to investigate the opportunities for future improvements.

Thank you for your contribution to the forums.

datisdesign
    Found this helpful 1
    datisdesign replied on

Hello,

When HTC launched the HD7 and Trophy they upgraded the color depth to 32 bit, which was outside of Microsoft’s design requirements of 16bit. Microsoft implemented the design standards to help ensure the best possible and consistent experience for all customers on all Windows Phones. To continue to deliver a stable and consistent customer experience, HTC returned the devices to the 16 bit design requirements as part of the March (7.0.7390) update.

The color palette change should not make a noticeable change to most customers experience on their Windows Phone 7. Microsoft's goal is to ensure that the device is performing as optimally as possible – and as always their engineering teams continue to investigate the opportunities for future improvements.

Thank you for your contribution to the forums.

Should not make noticeable change ? Its obvious on all part of my experience on my phone, every app now has an ugly color branding ! I dont understand what you mean by we should not experience any change !!

Alex D'
    Found this helpful 1
    Alex D' replied on

Have you actually seen this "not noticeable change" ???

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9476/dsc1786ic.jpg - this is how the wetter.com app looks like now. Before an update I had here a nice smooth sky. Now it looks ugly! Ugly! The lock screen has the same problem - no more gradients.

nkornaros
    Found this helpful 1
    nkornaros replied on

Hello,

This can't be serious... How can MS/HTC/All the others take such decision. Do they realize that this impacts negatively a lot of users?
    And how dare they pretend that "The color palette change should not make a noticeable change to most customers experience on their Windows Phone 7", this so hypocritical...
    If there is no real answer soon I will certainly change my phone and go see if Android OS and phone can support 32 bits displays...
    Previous Previous Page of 8 Next Next