Instant Messenger on Outlook.com - Delete conversations?

How do you do to erase previous conversations on the instant messaging service on the Outlook.com? Each time you press the icon for instant messaging are all previous conversations left & I would like to delete/clean out the list but seems not right clicking or reached do not work, is it possible to close the conversation history & remove them from the list?
Answer
Answer
Hi all,

I'm sorry, but deleting IM history is not currently available. However, we forwarded your suggestion to the product group, who appreciates feedback and considers suggestions for a future releases.

Thank you.

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi There,

Well, first of all, let me say that as all other participants in this forum, I find this issue very annoying, however, I have found a way to delete my chat conversations.

First of all, make sure your chat history is set to off, (Gear --> More mail settings, Messaging history --> NO THANKS!!)

Then: Go to People (yes, the red icon next to the calendar icon), find the contact that you want to have its chat history removed, delete the contact, and then just recreate the contact. That's it.

Regards.

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 50,994 Applies to: