Can't remove on behalf of (send as) email address

Hello,
problem has been in Windows Live Hotmail already, after writing on a support it was solved and it is back again in Outlook. I have entered an alternative email address to send emails as (on behalf of) dome time ago and then I have somehow tried to remove it (using regular way in email settings) and it is not working. It is no longer in the list of available email addresses in settings (to send email as), but I still can send an email from this address. Since I have no longer an access to this address, I should not be able to send emails on their behalf... problem is in fact that I am not able to remove it. Can you please check it?
It is an account under ID of (will tell when MS Support will ask - if any) and that problematic email address that can't be removed is (will tell when MS Support will ask - if any).

Thank you for any possible feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Miszenka,

Please be informed that once you rename an account, old account becomes an alias. Alias will be available on dropdown list when you send an email, however, please be noted that recipient will not receive it as “behalf of”.

If you wish to remove this email address in your dropdown list when sending a message, you would need to delete the alias from your account.

Hope this answer your query.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You have very likely misunderstood what I was tried to say. I am very likely reporting a bug in Live & Outlook.com applications.

Problem is that I basically can't remove that "alias" simply just because it is not displayed in the list of aliases. I have also tried to add it again and remove it again, it did not helped. I have also removed it from my secondary email record. Nothing helpded and I am still able to send an email from address I do not own anymore.

Of course I have tried to clear my cache completelly and also I have tried it on any other machines. Problem is still there.

Since there is no way for me how to remove that alias, this seems as a bug to me and serious security issue; as I could send email on behalf of anyone else.

Btw. displaying "on behalf of" is not really a problem in this case.

Can you please let someone to check that? Funny is that I have solved it in the past with someone from Live account support forum where these guys has needed to log into my account and convince themselves that problem really exists and can't be solved by user UI. I have thought that problem is gone, now I am realized that email adress is back even I did not added it and so on. Second shame is that I can't locate that forum again so I would love to let this thread to be reopenned again :-(

Let me please know if you can solve it somehow or if there is another place I can turn to.

Thank you very much.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this exact same problem. My Yahoo address appears as an optional address to send from but it is no longer connected to my Live ID in any way. Adding and removing my Yahoo email as a send from address does not fix the problem. Very, very, frustrating.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Good to hear" I am not alone with this :-/
MS, please contact me in case you need to check it directly on my account.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

*BUMP*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Everyone,

Possible that your preferred email/ primary account is not configured as your default email address on the sending/receiving option. Please try to follow the steps below and set your primary email as default.

1. Sign in your Outlook account and go to your inbox.

2. Click on the Gear icon located on the upper right of the page and click More mail settings.

3. Under Managing your account, click Sending/receiving email from other accounts.

4. Click Use as default beside the username of your primary account under You can send mail from these accounts.

5. Sign out and login again your account then reproduce your issue and check if it still persists. 

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Neil,
thank you for effort and your suggestion (thank you for everything which will make it fixed), but what I am saying is that there is a bug in the system and technical support has fixed this problem for me once before. I can't say how this could happen to be back, but the thing is that this will probably have something to do with migration to Outlook.com. I have not added or anyhow manipulated with this particular email address in any way and it is there... again.

I have also tried your suggestion, so even I had the default email address set already I have changed it (to make the alghorythm working). Then I have logged out and then I have tried it once more, even with cache deletion. Nothing has worked for me and that problematic email address still persists there.

Also, as an EU resident, this can be a legal issue also, since Microsoft has been saving and keeping the email address I have deleted a year or more ago in their records. Not in my case of course, since this is not that big issue to me, but I am really currious why people don't care about that.

Is there any other, maybe direct support, forum which I can turn to?

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response. I went to the Sending/receiving mail from other accounts as you described. My live.com email address is the default and only account listed under You can send mail from these accounts. I do not have any accounts listed under You can receive mail from these accounts.

I agree with Miszenka--I believe this problem was manifest when I converted my Hotmail account to the new Outlook UI.

This is a definite problem and I would love to get it fixed soon--please forward it on to the proper channel. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I started a private message for you since I need to ask some information. Please make sure that you're signed in to this forum to view the link.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You mentioned on your post that there is one account listed under You can send mail from these accounts. With regards to it, I recommend that you removed it also as this might be the reason why you still getting the on behalf of when sending an email. Once you're done with it, kindly check if the issue will persists.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2024 Views 3,062 Applies to: