How do I sync my windows live to my outlook.com account?

How do I sync my windows live folders to my outlook.com account? I get all the new e-mails, but I have to delete and/or move messages manually for each program. Is there a way to get the windows live to sync with Outlook.com? It's the same hotmail.com account.

Thank you!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Please provide us more information about syncing your accounts by answering the questions below:

• By saying Windows Live Folders, where does the folder come from? Are you referring to a different email address or thru a program? (Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express etc.)
  • Please explain further what you meant by you need to delete/move messages manually for each program.
  • Do you receive any message/code pertaining to syncing your accounts?

We'll await for your response.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

• The Windows Live program is installed on my laptop. It syncs e-mail from my Hotmail account to my laptop.

• I don't think I can be any clearer on the delete/move message manually. It means I have to delete/move the messages between my synched folders on the Windows Live program AND delete/move the SAME messages in my Hotmail account online.

• I don't receive any error messages. It appears to work properly and I do receive new e-mails just fine, but nothing else synchs.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We understand your concern about synching Windows Live Mail and we will assist you. Just to verify how did you configure your account in Windows Live Mail.

For reference, if you have set up your account as a POP account it is just a one way connection. It means whatever you do in a mail client will not reflect in Outlook.com. If you configure your account using Exchange Active Sync then it will be now a two way connection. Whatever you do in your mail client will reflect in Outlook.com.

For information about configuring email account in mail app you may refer to the link provided:

Send and receive Outlook.com email from an app

Kindly let us know the results. Your cooperation and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not an app. It's my Windows XP laptop that has Windows Live 9 installed. The link you sent me to tells me to set it up exactly as I have it set up. I have no idea what Exchange Active Sync is. A search of microsoft.com doesn't bring up anything current. Please advise.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi LJR123,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please provide us a screenshot of the email client that you are using for us additional information regarding your issue. I created a private message area where you could upload the screenshot.

In addition, please make sure that you are signed in to your account while performing any action like moving email messages to different folder or deleting.

Note: To view the secure private section, you'll need to be signed in and click on the notification (which can be found at the top of the thread) that states "You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message section.” or by clicking the "Private Messages" tab.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Judith

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thanks for posting back. As a reply to your private message, the steps given to you on how to reconfigure your account is for the purpose of refreshing the connection of the account and the email client since your main concern is that it is not syncing. If you haven't tried those steps, I suggest that you repair first by following the steps below and proceed reconfiguring the account.

1. Press Windows + R, type AppWiz.cpl, click OK.

2. Select Windows Live Essentials, click Remove.

3. Click Repair all Windows Essentials Programs.

Update us any results.

Regards,

Richard

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I followed the steps and reconfigured the account. After rebooting my computer, I opened Windows Live mail and I still have the same problem. I'm beginning to think that it just isn't going to sync my mail, which makes Windows Live Mail completely useless.

Thank you for your assistance. If you come up with any other ideas, please let me know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello LJR123,

We understand the frustration this issue has cause you. I understand your Windows Live Mail still does not sync with your Outlook.com account.

If you have already tried repairing Windows Live Essentials and re-configuring your account in Windows Live Mail, kindly back up your emails in Windows Live Mail and try to uninstall and re-install Windows Live Essentials. 

Before backing up your emails, check the web and see if your emails are still there, but, to be certain, back up your emails to the computer first. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Go to this Windows Live Mail folder path by copying and pasting this on your search bar: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
  2. Copy the folders and messages you want to back up and move them to another storage location (external or to other folder).

Once your done backing up your emails, please uninstall your Windows Essentials using a CMD (command) line parameter. Note that this is different from the regular process of uninstalling a program as this process deletes all sub folders on your system resetting every set up you made to default. To do this, please follow the instructions on the link below:

How to uninstall Windows Essentials via CMD

Afterwards, re-install Essentials using an offline installer. The offline installer differs from the regular installer that constantly uses internet connection which can be halted by the computer's firewall or other third party software. The procedures and where to download the installer is on the link below:

How do I install Windows Essentials while offline?

Once the program is back, try opening the program and try to reconfigure your account.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a windows live account with windows 8.1.  I downloaded windows 10 and I tried to get my windows live mail  to start coming to my outlook account but I've had no success.  how do I do this ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have installed windows 10 on my computer.  I had Windows 8 .  I cannot get my email from windows live to transfer to outlook. How do I do this ?

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2024 Views 7,552 Applies to: