Windows Live Mail could not be started. Your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close (0x8E5E0247)

I am having the same problem.  I have gone through all of the steps you've outlined several times.  When I try to start Windows Live Mail I get a popup screen which says:

Windows Live Mail could not be started.  Closing

Windows Live Mail.  Your calendar contains corrupt

data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close.

(0x8E5E0247)

I have renamed the folder where all of my emails are stored in addition to the steps you've outlined, and no matter what I've done I get the same end result.

Is there another folder I should be dealing with relating to this calendar issue?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi BobFromPhoenix,

I have sent you a private message. Please sign in to Microsoft Community to view the private message area.

Regards,

Rhyan O.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the whole sequence of events.  I have the C: drive with all of my programs.  Then there's another drive with all of my data, labeled J:  The storage folder for WLM resides on the J: drive.  Saturday night I started having some issues with starting WLM.  The initial screen would come up, but the circular arrow just kept spinning and the program wouldn't start.

The next morning I started having problems with access to the J: drive.  I replaced it with an identical drive that I had mirrored a few weeks before.  WLM exhibited the same behavior - stuck with the spinning arrow.  I tried to repair the installation.  It didn't make any difference.  Then I removed WLM under Programs and Features and tried to reinstall it.  The install got stuck at 43%.

Thinking there might be a problem with the C: drive I replace it with a mirrored copy but it didn't make any difference.  And that's where the new problem surfaced with the second screen saying that there was the calendar error.

Am I stuck?  Is there no way to bring WLM back up again under my own User Account?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi BobFromPhoenix,

We appreciate your effort and cooperation in helping us resolve the issue. We would like to inform you that we're on the process of determining the cause of the issue. At this point we're exhausting all efforts to figure out where this problem originated and how to rectify it.

Rest assured that we will provide an update regarding this issue as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you,

Cherry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As I said before, the problem is that the ESENT databases cannot work with the drive concerned. Error code 0x8E5E0247 means that the physical sector size reported by the disk subsystem is unsupported by ESE for a specific file type. How to deal with this depends entirely on the hardware involved. Some users have found that uninstalling the Intel storage manager (Rapid Storage Manager, RSM or Matrix Storage Manager, MSM) solved the problem. The latest version of these utilities could be subsequently installed.

Typical solutions by other users include:

"I resolved the problem by replacing the Microsoft drivers with the manufacturer's drivers for my onboard raid and IDE controllers."
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0819ab78-d083-4b58-9eee-7211016b3129/jet-error-583-after-sp1-install

"I updated the Intel driver for my mainboard in Windows 7.

"Updated AHCI, Rapid Storage Technology driver and eSata driver for JMicron JMB36x.

"One of these solved the main problem: Windows Update is running again :)

"I bet it was the AHCI driver update. All other things are running as expected ..."ESENT"-Error: -583 is no longer triggered."

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/1d656b5c-3d73-4cac-a646-5e18c42743e7/jeterrsectorsizenotsupported-error-583-cryptographic-service-problems-catroot2

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found it!!!

Install the solution of this website http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02219204 . Restart your computer and after that it worked for me! yes !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for sharing. However, the documentation for your download makes it clear that this solution is for

HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ENVY 17
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC Series
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC Series

... although it might work for other similar machines.

Removing and/or updating the Intel storage manager was the first method I mentioned.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@¡Firedog

I had the same problem when the free space on my storage disk fell to 2.5MB.

Increasing the free space eliminated that problem.

Greetings,

jas

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How can you export your email if the program won't load?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 13, 2023 Views 17,693 Applies to: