Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D

seeking assistance for this error, thanks - Unable to send or receive messages for the Primus.com (lisal) account. The host 'pop.iprimus.com.au' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Server: 'pop.iprimus.com.au' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No
Answer
Answer
I opened IE and selected Working Offline. I then reopened Live Mail and it is still Working Offline.

Work offline is a toggle in IE; click on it to select it, click again to deselect it. It shows a tick mark when selected. I can't tell from this whether you selected the option or deselected it. In any case, you must have been able to deselect it at some stage to release the floodgates.

The option is a Windows setting stored in the registry and honoured by several other programs, including WLMail. Something has recently started messing with the registry entry on some computers, but I don't know that it's been pinpointed yet. The chances are it's a third-party browser like Chrome or Firefox.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2022 Views 16,080 Applies to: