cannot read my windows live mail e-mail messages and cannot read e-mail messages in outlook.com. What is going on?

Hello

I cannot read my window live mail e-mail messages and cannot read my outlook.com e-mail messages.  When I click on the message it does not move.

I have more than 200 e-mail messages already. What is worst, is I cannot delete them all.  The junk mail is too many already.  Nothing is happening.

What is going on?

I just want my windows live mail  & outlook.com e-mail to work.  I have windows live essential 2012.  

Everytime I open windows live mail and outlook.com emails it says error on the page.   

Could you help me?  Thank you.

"removed for security"

Hi Tony Braunmuller,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community Forum.

We're sorry for the delayed response. I understand the inconvenience this may have caused you but let me help you with that. As you mentioned you are having issue reading emails on your Windows Live Mail and Outlook.com.

For Outlook.com, we recommend that you optimize your browser. This is to determine whether the issue is cause by corruption in the temporary internet files or in other cached information that is used by your browser. To optimize your browser, refer to the link below:

Optimize Your Browser

We also advise that you try to use another browser and computer to check if you will encounter the same issue. This will help us isolate the problem and if this is a browser specific issue.

For Windows Live Mail, we suggest that you repair your this program. Before doing so, I recommend that you back up important emails and contacts to prevent losing them. You can follow the steps on how to export email messages on the link provided below:

How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?

Please follow the steps below on how to repair Windows Live Mail:

1. Click Start (a circle button with a Windows logo in it).
2. Tick Control Panel.
3. Click the icon beside the word Programs.
4. Tick Programs and Features.
5. Search for Windows Live Essentials then double click it.
6. Select Repair all Windows Live programs.

Kindly refer to this article on how to configure your account in Windows Live Mail.

If issue persists, please provide us the exact error message that you are getting for further investigation.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance regarding this.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Ralph_YS

I followed your directions. I can now open my Outlook.com/windows live  mail, Thank you so much.

I have another problem:

I cannot retrieve my e-mail from windows live mail.  I cannot open the windows live mail files.

I click start button. Then I type mail. Then windows live mail appear on the list.  I click on the windows live mail. Prompt says: cannot open this file. error Ox80004005.  Cannot retrieve all my files in windows live mail.  

When I open my Default program, nothing is in there, It is empty. What will I do now. I have windows 7. 

Thank you for all your help.

Nelly  Braunmuller
Nelly Braunmuller

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tony Braunmuller,

It's good to know that you're now able to view your Outlook.com emails without any problem. With regard to the error you encounter stating "cannot open this file. error Ox80004005" when accessing Windows Live Mail to retrieve your emails, kindly verify if the emails in your account are still intact by signing in to https://www.outlook.com via web browser on your computer. If they're still intact, just reconfigure your account in Windows Live Mail to download the emails from your account to your computer. Click here for assistance on how to do this.

Also, were you able to export the emails from the program before repairing it? If yes, please navigate to the location where you created the backup file to check if your emails are still intact. Once you determine that your emails are intact, you can retrieve your messages by importing them again to your Windows Live Mail by referring to the help article provided by Ralph_YS for assistance on importing emails into the mail client.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Carla Camille for replying.  My files are intact. But I cannot open the windows live  mail files & emails.  When I click Windows live  mail, this pops up:
  Error Ox80041161. Hope you can help me with this error,

Thank you.

Nelly Braunmuller

Nelly Braunmuller

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Nelly,

Thank you for the information. We would like to verify if you've tried reconfiguring your account in Windows Live Mail. Reconfiguring your account is removing it from Windows Live Mail and re-add the account. (If some of your messages and contacts are available only in Live Mail, export your messages before removing the account. See How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?.)

You may also refer to the link below for more information and to fix the error code that you've received.

How can I resolve machine configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

Let us know how things turn out.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could not  read my email and now cannot get the internet.  Everything was fine this morning.

Estelle Ivanhoff

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for response,

Please confirm what happens when you try to connect internet  ?

Have you made any recent changes ?

Is there is any Error code ?

Which Operating System is installed on your PC ?

Get back to us with the required information and we will be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2022 Views 1,904 Applies to: