"Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1" update failed to install

after automatic update, the file of  "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1", failed installation. How I can fix this problem? or May I install by internet?
I try buy myself, but the run program doesn't work. Please can you help me?

Original Title: Every time, after automatic update, the file of  "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1", failed installation. How I can fix this problem?
Answer
Answer
Hi,
1. What happens when you are trying to install this update? Do you get any error message or error code?

2. Which update did it install?

Method 1:
Step 1:
Before performing Windows update, clear all the temporary files currently stored on your computer.
a. Type %temp% in the start orb search field.

b. Delete all the contents of the temp folder.
You can also use disk cleanup utility to clear unnecessary files stored on the computer.

Description of the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP

Step 2:

After cleaning up the temporary files, download .NET Framework Service Pack 1 from Microsoft download center and install it.

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Method 2:

If installation doesn't go successful, you may try the steps from this article to manually uninstall and reinstall .NET Framework.
How to troubleshoot Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 installation issues in Windows XP or in Windows 2000
Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2020 Views 624 Applies to: