Problem adding iis to XP that's been upgraded to SP3

Hello,

I have an old Win XP sp3 Pro machine.  I'd like to set up IIS on it.  I attempted to do this in the control panel, but I got asked to supply the Win XP SP3 cd for the staxmem.dll.  

However, I don't have an XP SP3 CD, the OS was originally SP1 or SP2 (I can't remember which).  I have the CD that the OS was originally installed from, but apparently the version of staxmem.dll that's on it was replaced in SP3.  What are my options?  If I continue the installation without the dll, will the OS download it at some later date?  I guess I could create a slipstreamed CD, but that's kind of a pain, I've done it once before.

-Eric 

Answer
Answer
Hi,

You can also use the file from i386 folder. Check the article below and check if that helps you in resolving the issue. The article below holds god for Windows XP service pack 3.
You may receive the "Setup cannot copy the file staxmem.dll" error message when you try to install IIS on a computer that is running Windows XP Professional with SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=894351

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2024 Views 1,170 Applies to: