Error 1722 ‘There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected’ when try to update iTunes.

Original Title: i have a windows installer package error. how can i fix this?

I'm trying to install the latest update of itunes and every time I do; the installer comes to a point where it makes no progress . Then it will go through many parts very quickly only to come up with an error that reads:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

So what should I do?
I've obviously tried restarting the computer and redownloading the iTunes setup but neither of those have resolved the problem. I was also advised to create a new administrator account and download it using that however that didn't work either. I've gone into the services-window installer thing and tinkered around with its preferences and still no good.

I did some looking around and found that it is error 1722 if that's any help

Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.        Are you able to install other softwares correctly?

2.        Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

Let’s follow these methods & check if it helps:

Method 1

You may follow the section ‘Windows Installer issues’ from this link & check if the issue persists:

Troubleshoot problems installing and uninstalling programs on Windows-based computers

Method 2

You may also follow this link & check if the issue reoccurs:

iOS: Resolving update and restore alert messages

If you are facing the issue only with iTunes, I would recommend you to contact Apple support for assistance:

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Hope the information helps.
Please post back and let us know.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 10, 2023 Views 11,410 Applies to: