Error 1314. The specified path %appdata%\Autocad\ is not unavailable

Hi name is Kenya Caldwell and I am trying to install a program called Autocad, but everytime I do, I get the following message Error 1314. The specified path              %appdata%\Autocad is not unavailable.  I got a answer from Autocad, but I don't understand it nor no if it is correct.  Could someone help me with this issue?  The message from Autocad is below.

Specifying an installation location using a Windows environment variable
Issue

When you created a deployment or performed a stand-alone installation, you tried to specify the installation location using an environment variable, such as %PROGRAMFILES%, but you received one of the following error messages:

Please provide the path name where clients will install AutoCAD 2007 on their local machines.

Error 1314. The specified path '%PROGRAMFILES%\..' is unavailable.

Solution

It is not possible to specify an environment variable as the installation or client installation location in either a stand-alone installation or network deployment. If you are installing to different locations on different machines, it is strongly recommended that you use the Deployment Wizard to create multiple deployment configurations for each location.

To use an environment variable as the installation location, you must run the product installation from the command line. This can be done by entering the following syntax at the Windows Command Line or via a batchfile/script.

Note: This method of installation is not tested or supported by Autodesk.

Stand-alone installation

msiexec.exe /i "<drive>\Bin\AcadFEUI\acad.msi" INSTALLDIR=%PROGRAMFILES%\<path>

Note: Substitue the drive letter that contains the product disk for <drive>. Substitute the remainder of your installation location for <path>. It is strongly recommended that you use paths without spaces for this type of installation.

Kenya Caldwell
Answer
Answer

Hi Kenya,

Try the steps mentioned by me in my first post and check if the issue persists.
See Cannot install AutoCAD

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 3,425 Applies to: