Windows XP SP3 Blue error screen STOP. 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xf748e0bf,0xf78da2080xf78d9f08

I can't even reinstall windows or repair. I had installed this from a windows xp home edition cd. I've had the computer for about 2 years.
Answer
Answer
 Hi,

1. Do you face this error when you try to boot in to the computer normally or reinstall /repair?

2. Are you facing this issue on a desktop or laptop? please specify Make and Model

3. What were the recent hardware or software changes made the computer prior to the issue?

4. Which edition of Windows Xp are you running currently?
Please specify the operating system prior to the issue.
Example: Windows Xp professional 32 Bit

Please post the requested information to help troubleshoot the issue.

Please refer t the following KB articles,

Error message after you upgrade a computer that uses a processor other than an Intel processor to Windows XP Service Pack 2 or to Windows XP Service Pack 3: "STOP: 0x0000007E"

How to troubleshoot a "Stop error code 0x0000007E (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)" error in Windows XP

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can causeserious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Hope this helps.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 4,463 Applies to: