Damaya
Had this question 28
Question
Damaya asked on

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer" ... *** STOP: 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4, 0xf7a16fb0) ... blue screen

Hello!

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to successfully get my machine to boot up. Nothing changes when I choose Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Enable VGA Mode, Enable Boot Logging, Directory Services Restore Mode, or Debugging Mode.

This is very stressful, as I'm right smack dab in the middle of a busy semester at college. I have the majority of what I currently need access to backed up... but not quite everything :( It's also very comforting to be able to tend to school work away from the university library. Yesterday my computer was working just fine... I think Windows performed an update, though I can't quite remember now. Since I woke up this morning, I have not been able to boot all the way to Windows a single time.

My notebook is an HP Pavilion dv6000 running XP Media Center, and I have not installed any new hardware since I purchased the machine ~3 years ago.

Here are more specifics, in case they can help with the diagnosis of my problem:
  • System Board ID: 30BB
  • Processor Type: Genuine Intel (R) CPU T2250
  • Processor Speed: 1730 MHz
  • Total Memory: 1024 MB
  • Video Memory up to: 128MB
  • BIOS Version: F.06

Here is the totality of the blue-screen message:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4, 0xf7a16fb0)

I have also gotten to a blue-screen that says something about "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA." I think this only occurs when I attempt to boot in Safe Mode.

Also, I have never dealt much with computer problems beyond those that could be fixed with System Restore.... so not being able to boot at all has me at a standstill. Please! Help me out?!

With great appreciation for your time,
Damaya
matafleur
Found this helpful 1
Answer
matafleur replied on
quick suggestion

Some HP's partition the hard drive. have you tried tapping either F11 or F12 while booting (before it goes to the starting mode option screen)? it might take you to an HP recovery program in that partition (since windows won't load to use that recovery)

good luck
Freak21
Found this helpful 0
Freak21 replied on

Damaya
Found this helpful 1
Damaya replied on

quick suggestion

Some HP's partition the hard drive. have you tried tapping either F11 or F12 while booting (before it goes to the starting mode option screen)? it might take you to an HP recovery program in that partition (since windows won't load to use that recovery)

good luck
Thanks matafleur, recovery is in process. Hopefully this is it! It's been a real stressful day haha.
2thelimit
Found this helpful 3
2thelimit replied on

Hi, Damaya, I had the same problem last night but with a different Stop error, 0x0000007F, 0x0000000D,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000.
Did the answere for you work? Please let me know, it will be a great help. Thank you verymuch.
FamilyLegacyVideo
Found this helpful 0
FamilyLegacyVideo replied on

Within the past week I've been getting a blue screen on start up. Here is the message and the error codes:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
xxx STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x806F6998, 0xf7bce5dc, 0xf7bce2d8)

My system has an Intel Pentium 2 GHz processor. Running Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.09084-1435)

The work-arounds I've seen listed all involve non-Intel chips. Wondering what might work for me. Thanks!

kristieannae1
Found this helpful 0
kristieannae1 replied on
i have a dell inspirion 1100, i have also gotten the blue screen, when i try to reboot in safe mode it goes right back to the blue screen. it won't let me do anything.... how do i fix the problem??? i don't have the start up disks, my laptop was given to me as a gift. is there anyway i can use the usb to have someone check out my system?? i thought microsoft had that capability. if so does anyone know the web address????? PLEASE HELP.... desperate!!!
Frustrateduser1114
Found this helpful 0
Frustrateduser1114 replied on
Hello!

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to successfully get my machine to boot up. Nothing changes when I choose Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Enable VGA Mode, Enable Boot Logging, Directory Services Restore Mode, or Debugging Mode.

This is very stressful, as I'm right smack dab in the middle of a busy semester at college. I have the majority of what I currently need access to backed up... but not quite everything :( It's also very comforting to be able to tend to school work away from the university library. Yesterday my computer was working just fine... I think Windows performed an update, though I can't quite remember now. Since I woke up this morning, I have not been able to boot all the way to Windows a single time.

My notebook is an HP Pavilion dv6000 running XP Media Center, and I have not installed any new hardware since I purchased the machine ~3 years ago.

Here are more specifics, in case they can help with the diagnosis of my problem:
  • System Board ID: 30BB
  • Processor Type: Genuine Intel (R) CPU T2250
  • Processor Speed: 1730 MHz
  • Total Memory: 1024 MB
  • Video Memory up to: 128MB
  • BIOS Version: F.06

Here is the totality of the blue-screen message:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0x805c49b8, 0xf7a172b4, 0xf7a16fb0)

I have also gotten to a blue-screen that says something about "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA." I think this only occurs when I attempt to boot in Safe Mode.

Also, I have never dealt much with computer problems beyond those that could be fixed with System Restore.... so not being able to boot at all has me at a standstill. Please! Help me out?!

With great appreciation for your time,
Damaya

Latinboy17051
Found this helpful 0
Latinboy17051 replied on

Hello I have the same bloody blue screen after I got Office installed on my laptop. so I cant get it succesfuly installed, so I want to know what I can do concerning that please mine is * STOP :0*000000D1 (0X00000000000003,0X00000000000000002 (ff88001010c09)

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASEE!! I urgently need office. I d had it before as a trial one

aznflower
Found this helpful 0
aznflower replied on

I have a question... did you every get your computer fixed? I have the same computer as you and it is haveing the same problems and ive tried everything. please reply

NKTsen
Found this helpful 1
NKTsen replied on

A few year backs, I had a PC running Windows 2000. I then tried installing Windows XP but installation failed with the same  dreaded message:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer....blah...blah..."

Recently I decided to change the Gigabyte motherboard to see if it'd make a difference. I bought ASUS P5G41T-M-LX. To my disbelief, exactly the same failure message came up.

Ahh... I thought finally I nailed the cause of the problem, perhaps my old Intel CPU had developed a fault that was ignored by Windows 2000 but somehow detected by Windows XP. So I went to buy a new Intel CPU E6600. I was very confident that the problem would go away this time. To my horror, Windows XP installation failed with exactly the same bloody error message. Unbelievable!!

Then I proceeded to strip down components one by one to narrow down the cause of such a failure.
I tried:
  **  a different power supply
  **  a different HDD, both IDE and SATA
  **  a different DVD-ROM drive
  **  removing connection not required by installation (eg. USB connectors, speaker, Power LED, etc...)
  **  lifting the motherboard from the chassis to avoid any possible short-circuit

Still, same problem, every time!! Same failure message happening at the same installation point.
Then my last resort - Try another Windows XP installation CD. Also, no luck with that.

I have to conclude Windows XP installation program is faulty. The motherboard documentation says it supports Windows XP. And don't tell me two of my Intel E-series CPU do not support Windows XP.

I cannot tell what Windows XP installation program was checking that caused it to throw up such a failure message.

Further on, just to prove that my PC is not faulty, I installed a Fedora Linux operating system and that completed smoothly with no error.

Frankly I am getting more than annoyed with Microsoft and very much feeling like switching to Linux altogether.

It's unbelievable, there is obviously no known solution to what seems to be quite a common Windows XP installation problem.

Previous Previous Page of 3 Next Next