napster comes up with the error message A problem has occured in the Digital Rights management Component Contact Microsoft Product Support (0xCO0D28B70

napster comes up with the error message A problem has occured in the Digital Rights management Component Contact Microsoft Product Support (0xCO0D28B70)   - how can I get napster playing songs again; programme is working other than playing songs.

Hi Adam Haigh,

· What is the version of windows media player installed on the computer?

· Do you remember any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

· What is the service pack on the computer?

Follow the below steps and check the results:

a.     Close all open programs.

b.     Click Start; Open the 'Control Panel'.

c.     Open 'Folder Options' and select the 'View' tab.

d.     Select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

e.     Uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files'.

f.      In the warning message you receive, click 'Yes'.

g.     Click 'OK'.

h.     Close the Control Panel

i.      Navigate to the below location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM

j.      Press 'Enter'.

k.     Delete ONLY the following 4 files:

· blackbox.bin

· drmstore.hds

· v3ks.bla

· v3ks.sec

Now install, the latest Windows Media DRM components, see the instructions on the following Microsoft Web site:

http://go.microsoft.com/FWLink?LinkID=34506

Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Media Player 11

Service Pack is No. 3

Recent changeswere I had to reinstall Windows on the PC and then all the subsequent programmes; Napster worked at this point.However Windows updated itself automatically with a number of items.

Windows XP Update for Windows XP (KB961503) 25 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 and 11 (KB941569) 25 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB963093) 25 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Update for Windows Media Format 11 SDK for Windows XP (KB929399) 25 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (KB939683) 25 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB954154) 25 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB975558) 24 February 2011 Automatic Updates

Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB2378111) 24 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime 9, 9.5 & 11 for Windows XP SP 3 (KB954155) 24 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime 9, 9.5 & 11 for Windows XP SP3 (KB978695) 24 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB973540) 24 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069) 24 February 2011 Automatic Updates
Windows Live Windows Live Essentials 24 February 2011 Microsoft Update
Windows XP Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows XP (KB2447568) 24 February 2011 Microsoft Update
Windows XP Update for Root Certificates [October 2010] (KB931125) 24 February 2011 Microsoft Update
Windows XP Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 for Windows XP and Windows Embedded (KB968930) 24 February 2011 Microsoft Update
Windows XP Update for Windows XP (KB971513) 24 February 2011 Microsoft Update

In reference to your answer I cannot find the path you specified; from C:\ there is no program data; i looked in program Files and then Microsoft, there is no Windows Option. The other option being C:\Windows and I cannot find  a Program Data FIle then.

Any other ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Makes sense, as the ProgramData folder only exists on Vista and above. The correct path and instructions for XP can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891664.
Tim De Baets
https://bmproductions.fixnum.org

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2020 Views 435 Applies to: