I have a facebookUpdate.exe - Bad Image error box keep popping up and it wont go away.

I have run a full scan and it found nothing.  The error is: The application or DLL C:\Program files\bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your instalation diskette.  Any ideas???
Answer
Answer

Hi HelenDennison,

·         When exactly do you receive this message?

·         Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

Follow the suggestions listed below for a possible fix:

Method 1: Try running the below command from an elevated command prompt and check if it helps.

Follow these steps:

a.       Click “Start”, type “cmd” in the Start search box.

b.      Right-click “cmd” and select “Run as administrator”.

c.       Type regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll” and hit “Enter”

Try executing the commands now. This should fix issue.

Method 2: I would also suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Important: While performing scanning on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when scanning tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 29, 2022 Views 1,530 Applies to: