Adding email signature from a file using outlook express 6

I use Outlook Express 6 for my emails and am trying to set up an email signature for when I send emails. I have no problem doing this when inserting it in plain text using:Tools> Options> Signature> and selecting Text in the Edit Signature section, then typing the text in - this works fine.

The problem is, I want to add a signature from a file that has, color, different font and a logo. I have tried to do this using Edit Signature, then click add file and then Browse to select the file. It refuses to use the file for the email signature. I have tried saving the file as a rich text, web page, pdf and word but continually get the following message - warning: The signature file is not a valid text-file. I have even tried to copy and paste - still nothing. I have run out of ideas. Please can someone help?

Answer
Answer

If you can't manually insert it into a new message, you can't make a sig out of it.

Note: HTML Signatures must be less than 4KB.

Open a New Message window and create your signature. (Insert graphic & text). Click the Source Tab. (View | Source Edit if not already checked). Highlight the entire source code and copy / paste into Notepad. File | Save As and in the File Name field, save as an htm file, (i.e. Sig1.htm). It will be saved to My Documents by default. Go to Tools | Options | Signatures. Click: File | Browse and Insert your saved signature | Apply. You can rename it now if you wish.

Bruce Hagen ~ MS-MVP [Mail]
===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
☞ Avoid a post. Backup your data. ☜

Bruce Hagen
MVP: 2004 ~ 2010
2014 ~ Present
Imperial Beach, CA

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 12,540 Applies to: