Getting help and advice from one of the many experts here at Microsoft Community does not cost anything.
Whenever you receive a phone number as an answer and feel uncertain whether it is from someone at Microsoft, don’t take the risk,
confirm the number is for official Microsoft Support.
April 14, 2014
Support for Windows XP has ended
Support and updates for Windows XP are no longer available. The Windows XP Community forum will continue to be available for discussion on Windows XP topics with other customers.
Find out how to stay protected.
1. How long have you been facing this issue?
2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
3. What exactly happens while trying to send an email via Gmail account? Do you receive any error message?
4. What is the complete and exact error message on "ERROR BOX"?
Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make sure you have all the needed info and we'll try to help. How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I tried to ask ?? "properly" but it kept cutting me off...too many words.
1. Both problems, several weeks. The mail problem was first and I have gone to Google help several times. There are almost 20 people with the same problem, but their expert keeps saying it is a Microsoft problem.
WHEN YOU WANT TO WRITE A LETTER, YOU CLICK "to" AND A BOX POPS UP CONTAINING ADDRESSES. aT THE BOTTOM IS A BOX WITH "done" wHEN DONE AND READY TO SEND, CLICK THE "done" AND THE ADDYS GO TO THE "to" BOX. tHE "done" IS GONE AND IN IT'S [LACE IT SAYS "sAVE
AS A gROUP". sO i COPIED ALL MY ADDYS AND HAVE BEEN PUTTING THEM IN MANUALLY.
(Sorry about the caps: I am having eye surgery end of Sept.)
tHE pOP-UP bOX HAS:
wWindows Internet ExplorError on this website might cause it to work incorrectly.
To see this message in the future, double clickthe warning icon on the status bar.
(I don't know what a warning icon is and I don't know what a status bar is.)