Gerry
Stourport, England

Enquire Plan Execute
Debleena S
Found this helpful 1
Debleena S replied on
Microsoft

Hi TomGentilella,

1.        What exactly is the issue on your computer?

2.        Have you made any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

Adding to Gerry’s suggestion, you may follow this link to uninstall Daemon Tools:

Removing DAEMON Tools Lite

Note: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope the information helps.

TOMSTANTON_937
Found this helpful 0
TOMSTANTON_937 replied on

thank u tom.  i have not restarted, but i am hoping it worked removing daemon tools.  where do these daemon tools come from.  are they cookies attached to certain sites u open, and i open very little.  in any case, i thank you for your advice and hoped it worked.  best wishes for a happy and healthy 2012
TPS
Debleena S
Found this helpful 1
Debleena S replied on
Microsoft

Hi TOMSTANTON_937,

DAEMON Tools helps to create, save as files and mounting images of CD, DVD and Blu-ray discs.

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any further issue on your computer, please post your question we will be happy to help you.

TOMSTANTON_937
Found this helpful 0

yes, i do have a further problem.  when i got rid of the daemon things, my computer is not working properly.  it has to do with screen resolution.  and when i try to change it to a higher digit, it just doesn't work.  i am sending this to you via initially a blind site and now the screen is just not the same and have no idea of how to get it back as it was before.   unfortunately, i did not have a backup disk, so basically i am working in the blind site.  if u can give some advice, as to what i should do, i would appreciate it.   i even did system restore and yet it brings me back to blind window.  it's workable, but much slower than when i had it before.  best wishes, tom
TPS
Debleena S
Found this helpful 0
Debleena S replied on
Microsoft

Hi TOMSTANTON_937,

You may download and install the latest display adapter driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue persists.

For more information, refer this link:
How to manage devices in Windows XP

To improve the performance of the computer, follow these links:

Maintenance tasks that improve performance

Slow PC? Optimize your computer for peak performance

Hope the information helps.

gravityforce
Found this helpful 1
gravityforce replied on

This is a safe chkupd open with popup error fix!

step (1) download free http://www.piriform.com/download & install it!

step (2) open the CCleaner

step (3) click on tools & select startup

step (4) click on scheduled task

step (5) look for the name of the program chkupd in the file section (right half of window) & select it

step (6) just click the disable butten at the top right corner & close the program restart your computer and that's it............wallllllla!!!!  

This is the safest way to get rid of the chkupd popup error without risky decisions!

Please reply for further help. Gabriel

Help those that need it!
gravityforce
Found this helpful 2
gravityforce replied on

How to fix chkupd open with popup error fix!

step (1) download free CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/download & install it!

step (2) open the CCleaner

step (3) click on tools & select startup

step (4) click on scheduled task

step (5) look for the chkupd file & select it

step (6) click on the disable butten at the top right corner of window, close all programs restart your computer and that's it!..........wallah.

This is the safest way to get rid of the chkupd popup error without risky decisions!

Please reply for further help. Gabriel

Help those that need it!
TOMSTANTON_937
Found this helpful 0

hi gabriel, thanks for your advice.  i followed your instruction but there was no CHKUPD listed under scheduled task.   unless they use a different name or long code.  i went through some of the long codes and opened them, but could not find CHKUPD.  and even though i had my computer totally tuned last evening, they could not find it either.   oh well, i will just keep having to click cancel and it disappears immediately.  have a nice day.  tom
TPS
gravityforce
Found this helpful 1
gravityforce replied on

You have to read the (full name) of the file. See if the file looks something like this, or similar: (ProgramUpdateCheck Trusted Software ApS C:\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant\TSAssist.exe /chkupd).

Please reply, I'll help you solve this problem once and for all!

Help those that need it!
Previous Previous Page of 2 Next Next