certclas.inf and usb.inf and usb print files missing error while installing HP all in one printer.

Original title: We'll search for answersi couldnt install hp printer as caused by resolving file missing in my operating system  

hello there am trying installing hp photo smart all in ine on my computer but couldnt do so as am missing certain files such as

certclas.inf and usb.inf and usb print when tried reinstall window from installation disk it warn me that my computer has newer version and if proceeded will lose my files can you help

Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.                   What is the make and model number of the printer?

Method 1:

While installing the printers if it prompts for Certclas.inf, USBStor, USBPrint and USBinf then you may browse those files in inf folder C:\WINDOWS\inf.

Also check the latest drivers for the printer in the manufacturer’s site.

Method 2:

Try SFC Scan

SFC /scannow is a super-useful command you can use in any Windows version. When the SFC (System File Checker) command is used with the /scannow switch, the tool will scan all of the important Windows files on your computer and replace them as necessary.

Missing and corrupt operating system files (like many DLL files) are arguably the biggest cause of major Windows issues. Considering that, plus the fact that SFC /scannnow is completely automatic and very easy to use, the tool should usually be one of your first troubleshooting steps.

Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan –

Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747

Let us know if that helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 3, 2019 Views 1,684 Applies to: