Fable 3 Game installation problems, I get a install faliure message saying that my e drive cannot be accessed due to not having authotity. It also said to try to log on as an administartor

Original title: Game installation problems,

I am using windows xp professional sp3. I have partitioned my hard drive into c,d, and e.I am having problems trying to install Fable 3 into my e drive. First I installed it into my c drive, then later erased it and tried to reinstall it into my e drive, because I have a lot more space in that drive. During the initial installation process I get a install  faliure message saying that my e drive cannot be accessed due to not having authotity. It also said to try to log on as an administartor but I'm not sure if that is the problem.

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable III:         This is the path I used(just switched c to e)during the customized installation.

This is the error code from the log: InstallProduct Error: 0x80070643

Right now I can install it in c and d but not e. Does anyone know what to do?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Let's try these:

Step 1: Try installing the game with administrator privileges.

a. Right-click on the setup file of the game and select Run as administrator.

Step 2: Try taking the ownership of the drive and check.

Steps to take ownership of the E drive:

a. Open Windows Explorer, and select ‘E’ drive.
b. Right-click, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
c. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
d. Click Edit, and then do one of the following:

• To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, in Enter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK. 
   • To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.

e. (Optional) To change the owner of all subcontainers and objects within the tree, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

Refer the link below for more information:
Take Ownership of a File or Folder
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753659.aspx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2020 Views 3,093 Applies to: