Fulldecka
Had this question 11
Question
Fulldecka asked on

A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C: WINDOWS\Installer\iTunes.msi

I am not able to get to iTunes or look at any videos on my Corel Program because of a Quick Time error. It keeps telling me that I need to upgrade my Quick Time and when I tried it wouldn't let me so then I tried to remove it and couldn't because of an error and then I came here to get the Windows clean up utility and that finally removed the program out of my Control Panel and I thought that would fix it but it didn't and now it's giving me this current message. What do I do now?
PaulHenderson
Found this helpful 2
Answer
PaulHenderson replied on
OK!
This problem occurs in all applications in all environments such as Windows XP, Amiga, and Windows 7. I have only my current computer with Windows 7 64bit to relate to the problem. After following all the suggestions to cure the problem with no success, I read the error message which was indicating the MSI was being read from C:\Windows\Installer. There is no such MSI placed in that directory. SO to solve the problem you must place whatever Apple msi installation giving the error message in the C:\Windows\Installer directory. Just drop it directly in the directory. Do not use any sub directory. If your don't have a copy of the MSI, you can extract it from the EXE installation file with a program like WinRar. My problem was with iTunes so the install dump looked like this C:\Windows\Installer\iTunes64.msi. Run the MSI or the original download from Apple. This worked for me as expected so you give it a try.
GeoffBallard
Found this helpful 0
GeoffBallard replied on

I also have this problem, using XP Pro. but trying to install"Itunes"
I cannot find c:\window \installer 
do you have solution,
tks
OK!
This problem occurs in all applications in all environments such as Windows XP, Amiga, and Windows 7. I have only my current computer with Windows 7 64bit to relate to the problem. After following all the suggestions to cure the problem with no success, I read the error message which was indicating the MSI was being read from C:\Windows\Installer. There is no such MSI placed in that directory. SO to solve the problem you must place whatever Apple msi installation giving the error message in the C:\Windows\Installer directory. Just drop it directly in the directory. Do not use any sub directory. If your don't have a copy of the MSI, you can extract it from the EXE installation file with a program like WinRar. My problem was with iTunes so the install dump looked like this C:\Windows\Installer\iTunes64.msi. Run the MSI or the original download from Apple. This worked for me as expected so you give it a try.

GeoffBallard
Found this helpful 0
GeoffBallard replied on

Can you tell me how to get computer to show Installer file. pls se my request below.
tks i'm so frustrated,
Geoff
James-
Found this helpful 0
James- replied on
Microsoft

Hello GeoffBallard,

Because this thread is older, please repost this as a new question at the link provided below.  Include any steps you have attmepted along with additional system and error information to this issue.

Microsost Answers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

JEH_55
Found this helpful 0
JEH_55 replied on

The solution offered by PaulHenderson worked.  Extract the "itunes64.msi" file from the "itunes64setup.exe" file.  Copy and paste the "itunes64.msi" file into c:\windows\installer folder (which is hidden on Win 7, but visible if typed into the address bar).  Well done and thanks Paul!

jim

Hello GeoffBallard,

Because this thread is older, please repost this as a new question at the link provided below.  Include any steps you have attmepted along with additional system and error information to this issue.

Microsost Answers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows