JamboTaylor
Had this question 3
Question
JamboTaylor asked on

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package installation error.

I seem to be unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86).

While installing this message is present: "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable"

After a while this error message appears and the installation freezes:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'Microsoft.VC80.MFC,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"'.
Please refer to Help and Support for more information

The error first appeared during the installation of the Shogun 2 where it was attempting to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 package.

I tried to uninstall the C++ files that where on my computer (hoping a fresh install would help) but it even froze while trying to uninstall. I had to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to close it. It's no longer shows as being on my computer but I have my doubts that it uninstalled properly.

I run a Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 32bit operating system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Amrita M
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Amrita M replied on
Microsoft

Hi,

If you receive a 1935 error when you try to install software, the Windows file system transaction log has become corrupted. The transaction log is used by the Windows file system to recover when a file error occurs. It can also happen if there is an error with the installation of .netframework.

Step 1: To correct this install error, you need to clear the log.

a.    Open an Administrator command prompt: Right-click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator" and click "Allow" for the elevation prompt

b.    In the command prompt, type the command below:

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\

c.    This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter appropriately.

d.    Reboot the system.

e.    Install the software and check.

Step 2: Check if you are able to install in clean boot.

“How to perform Clean Boot” http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135      

Note: Please ensure that the computer is set to start as usual by following the step 7 from the article.

Step 3: Repair .net framework and check.

Repair the Microsoft .NET Framework installation

To do this, follow these steps:

a.    Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.

b.    In the Currently installed programs list, click Microsoft .NET Framework, and then click Change/Remove.

c.    Click Repair, and then click Next.

Hope the information was helpful