lesnpat
Had this question 9
Question
lesnpat asked on

Message cannot be found - error message

New problem with Windows Mail - started just a day or so ago, but again today. An e-mail comes to my in-box, I open the e-mail and I find a blue i and Message cannot be found - followed by "The contents of this message cannot be found". Any help out there?
Les
Hal Hostetler - Windows Exp...
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Hal Hostetler - Windows Exp... replied on

The problem is not with NOD32 proper, it is with the email scanner portion of any and ALL Anti Virus products.  They help nothing, they add nothing, and all they ever really do is create problems where none otherwise exist.  Regardless of whose A/V product you use, do NOT install the email scanner part of it,  you'll save yourself a ton of grief.

Hal
-- 
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. 
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Broadcast Engineer/I.T. Pro
MS MVP Expert-Consumer - WA7BGX
www.rolandschorr.com
Dude_Lebowski
Found this helpful 0
Dude_Lebowski replied on
Hello Lesnpat,

Thank you for your post.  What antivirus are you running?  This seems to happen when a message is deleted by an antivirus program but Windows Mail's database was not updated to reflect the deletion.  Your options to correct this would be to turn off the email scan feature in your antivirus, to get a new antivirus that doesn't scan email, or to upgrade to the more stable Windows Live Mail.

http://download.live.com/wlmail

Please let us know if this did or didn't answer your questions.  We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers
lesnpat
Found this helpful 0
lesnpat replied on

fingers crossed - I have had a dialogue with ESET NOD  about the potential of this happening - they do not recognize it as a problem caused by their anti-virus but I have taken your advice and uninstalled this program. I have replaced it with Shaw Secure provided by by internet provider...... now to see if the problem goes away. Have not "upgraded" to Windows Live Mail - too many negative comments from friends who did.
Thanks - I think

Les
Hal Hostetler - Windows Exp...
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Hal Hostetler - Windows Exp... replied on

The problem is not with NOD32 proper, it is with the email scanner portion of any and ALL Anti Virus products.  They help nothing, they add nothing, and all they ever really do is create problems where none otherwise exist.  Regardless of whose A/V product you use, do NOT install the email scanner part of it,  you'll save yourself a ton of grief.

Hal
-- 
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Broadcast Engineer/I.T. Pro
MS MVP Expert-Consumer - WA7BGX
www.rolandschorr.com
Davis Ho
Found this helpful 0
Davis Ho replied on
New problem with Windows Mail - started just a day or so ago, but again today. An e-mail comes to my in-box, I open the e-mail and I find a blue i and Message cannot be found - followed by "The contents of this message cannot be found". Any help out there?
Les

The Window Live Mail got the same problem, upgrade didn't help. I have lost over 20 messages in my mail folder. It is wired that all the lost messages are old messages (but un-read) which I received nearly a week ago. I am also using the NOD32 antivirus software. Are there any proper solution to fix the problem? Can I recover the lost messages?
Thanks in advance.

Davis
DTex
Found this helpful 1
DTex replied on

Hal
-- 
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
I had a Windows Live update this morning. Now I am receiving the blue i and Message cannot be found. Anti-virus software has not changed. What do you suggest? Thank you. Cheers, D
naingran
Found this helpful 1
naingran replied on
Two items stuck in SENT BOX. They have been sent but I cannot remove them. Every action prompts the reply Message cannot be found.
RolandPangbourne
Found this helpful 0
RolandPangbourne replied on

I have a message saved to the Draft folder which is doing the same thing. Cannot even find it's file properties. Can it be recovered?