cannot print from windows photo gallery

After I've selected a size for the photo to print , and clicked on the "print" button at the bottom right of the window, another window pops up which says "getting ready to print," but it closes after about a second, and nothing prints. my printer works with all other programs, this is the first time i've tried to print from the gallery. i'm running vista home premium 64 bit.
Answer
Answer

Hi reneeinpa,

Thank you for using the Microsoft Vista Forums.

I’m thinking that somehow the files for Windows Photo Gallery have become dissociated from Vista.

So, let’s try this…

Mouse over the start orb and right click then choose Explore.

Browse to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery.

Leave that window open and then go to start, accessories, and right click over “Command Prompt” and choose run as “Administrator” and press enter.

Type “cd C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery” and press enter.

Next you need to register some of the files in this folder, for each file ending with .dll, do this…

Type regsvr32 and the file name then press enter.

For example regsvr32 Photoviewer.dll and press enter. There is a space between regsvr32 and photoviewer.dll.

It should say something with the file name and “succeeded”. If not you need to try it again and watch the spacing.

If you cannot see the file extensions (The .dll) go explore and choose Organize, Folder and search options, click on the view tab, then uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

Matt Hudson
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Matt Hudson

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2021 Views 22,090 Applies to: