Windows Vista anytime upgrade

I am running Win Vista Home edition & the HD is failing. I have a new HD to install, and I have purchased a new windows anytime upgrade licence for Win 7. The problem is that the Windows Anytime Upgrade link in control panel no longer links me to a site where I can enter my validation code, and then download Win 7. Grateful if anyone can help.
Answer
Answer

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community!

As per the description, you are facing issues with upgrading the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7.

Unfortunately, Windows Anytime Upgrade is no longer available for Windows Vista.

If you're running Windows Vista and want to upgrade your PC, go online to upgrade to Windows 7.

Refer this link: Windows Anytime Upgrade: frequently asked questions

You may refer the following article for more information on upgrading your operating system:

Install, upgrade, & activate

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows/install-upgrade-activate-help#install-upgrade-activate-help=windows-7&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Reply to us if you face any issues with upgrading to Windows 7 or any other Windows issue, and I would be glad to assist you again and try to rectify the issue as early as possible.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2022 Views 827 Applies to: