My computer wont boot up and when it starts system recovery an application error pops up

"The System Recovery Options: RecEnv.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x7540a1dc referenced memory at 0x7540a1dc. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x000009c.

My computer has been working fine but it froze up and I reset it and thats when it wouldn't start up. I have norton 360 and it is always current.

"and I reset it and " 

For any problems with the Recovery to Factory Settings Process, contact the Computer Manufacturer.

It is their Recovery Process, not Microsoft's.

Cheers.

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Broncider00,

If you are still experiencing this issue, try the following recovery options to resolve your issue. You may need a repair/install disc to access the System Recovery Options to complete some of these steps.

Startup Repair – this option repairs most startup issues. You will need a disc for this step.

System Restore – this option allows you to restore your system to an earlier date. You will need a disc for this step.

Last Know Good Configuration – this option restarts your computer the most recent system settings that worked.  This option is found on the Advanced Boot Options menu.  To access the menu, restart your computer and tap on the F8 key. Select Last Know Good Configuration.

Also, run chkdsk to check the integrity of your hard drive. You can use the command prompt that is available on the System Recovery Options menu when you boot from the disc. 

Dena
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Dena

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2020 Views 2,560 Applies to: