I have been getting a winpeshl.exe.error upon boot "The application failed to initialze properly (0xc0000006). click on to terminate the application"

I have been getting a winpeshl.exe.error upon boot "The application failed to initialze properly (0xc0000006). click on to terminate the application" when I click ok it reboots. I can't even recover the system, tried F8 upon boot, alt/F10, F2, Launch Startup Repair, Safe Mode and everything else and still get the same error. System specs are Acer Aspire 5920, T5450 Intel processor, 2 Gb ram, 160GB HDD, windows vista home premium.  I am currently running the windows memory diagnostics tool, but it says that the test results will be displayed again after you log on, but I cannot log on to view them.  The test seems to be hung up around 21% so I do not know how good it will do
Answer
Answer

Hi A1W1LL,

A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.  Let us check if any software is causing the issue by following the clean boot procedure which might help you in resolving the issue.

Follow the instructions in the link below to perform Clean boot procedure.

Step 1: Perform a clean boot
Step 2: Enable half of the services
Step 3: Determine whether the problem returns
Step 4: Enable half of the Startup items
Step 5: Determine whether the problem returns
Step 6: Resolve the problem
Step 7: Reset the computer to start as usual

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

After checking the issue, put the computer back to the Normal mode.
Uninstall or update the program which is causing the issue.

If you are not able to boot to the desktop, you may try to restore your computer from WinRE.

1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 
2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD" appears.
3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next. 
4. Click Repair your computer. 
5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next 
6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.
7. Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the appropriate restore point.
8. Click Finish to restore the system.

Please post back and let us know if this has helped to resolve your issue.

Regards,
KarthiK TP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2024 Views 16,339 Applies to: