Just in time debugging error box opens

original title: Just in time debugging error__ 

I get this error message all the time

An exception 'Runtime Error' has occurred in Script

The "Just in time debugging" box opens..

"Possible list of Debuggers"

Only option I have for Debuggers  is New instance of Microsoft Script Editor

"do you want to debug using the selected debugger" Yes or No

If I choose yes I get error message that "cannot create Application Data Folder

I am not sure what else to try. Most tell me to change settings in internet explorer however I use Firefox so that is not very helpful to me..Thanks for your help..

Answer
Answer
Hi xrayjones,

Did you have a version of Visual Studio installed on the machine e.g. an express edition perhaps at some point?

If you have Visual Studio installed but not using it, you may uninstall it from Programs and features .

To avoid getting these messages you can disable Just-in-Time debugging. Follow the instructions in the following link. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx

If that does little help, you could also change values in the registry.

1. Open the Start Menu.

2. In the white line (Start Search) area, type regedit and press Enter.

3. Click on Continue in the UAC prompt.

4. In regedit, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script\Settings\JITDebug

5. The REG_DWORD type value must be set to "0" to disable debug.

6. Close regedit.

7. Logoff and logon, or restart the computer to apply the changes

REGISTRY EDIT DISCLAIMER:

Important:  This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support.

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2021 Views 14,946 Applies to: