SW123
Had this question 10
Question
SW123 asked on

When adding pictures to Vista Picture folder it creates a HIDDEN folder of the same name with two copies of same picture in it

I am using Vista 32 bit. I started to see this problem when I recently copy some pictures from a SD card.

When adding pictures to Vista Picture folder it creates a HIDDEN folder of the same name with two copies of same picture in it

I have view hidden files enabled in folder options.

Any help is appreciated.
apurvashah
Found this helpful 2
Answer
apurvashah replied on

hey guys.. i have found out the answer... Problem is with vaio content analyzer software that comes along with vaio...

Just search for the Vaio content analyzer (settings) and unmark

Video analyzis
picture analyzis
music analyzis

I had gone mad searching this thing..used almost every kind of online scan and finally to find that it is caused by internal software only...

Anyways thanks to all...Hope this will help someone in future :)
Rami--
Found this helpful 0
Rami-- replied on
SW123, can you see the extension of the files? are they identical to your "real" image? these might be thumbnail copies. Also is this occuring with other devices or only your SD card?

Rami
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Rami
SW123
Found this helpful 0
SW123 replied on

Rami,

Thanks for the reply.

I see this behaviour with all the pictures in all the folders in "Picture" default folder.

Here is what is see. If I have a picture name PICT0049.JGP  then there is a hidden folder name PICT0049.JPG.files in this folder there
are two pictures as "vcm_s_kf_m160_160x120.jpg"  and "vcm_s_kf_repr_640x480.jpg" these are identical pictures as PICT0049 original.

I can delete folder "PICT0049.JPG.files" containing "vcm_s_kf_m160_160x120.jpg"  and "vcm_s_kf_repr_640x480.jpg" and original PICT0049 will not delete.

I hope this explanation helps.

Thanks!
SW123
Found this helpful 0
SW123 replied on

I am still looking for some help with this issue.

Thanks!

SW123
Found this helpful 0
SW123 replied on

I am still looking for some help on this issue.

Can someone suggest a solution...

Thanks!

Miller - Support Engineer
Found this helpful 0
Miller - Support Engineer replied on

What method is being used to copy over the pictures?  ie - Are you using Windows Explorer or Picture Manager, how is the SD Card connected to the computer?  Is it plugged into a built in SD Card reader slot, a USB-Card Reader adapter or into the original Camera that the pictures were taken with?

Are the hidden folders created when the files are copied from the SD card to the computer or is it possible that the files are duplicated on the card before they ever get to the machine?

-Thanks
apurvashah
Found this helpful 0
apurvashah replied on

Hi, I am also facing the same problem. Can anyone suggest me whether this is some kind of virus, trojan, malware or some software creating this issue?
I am using Sony Vaio laptop. When i copy and paste files with extension .mp3, .mp4 and .jpeg then within 10-15 mins of time a copy will be created as described above by SW123, exactly in same manner. Is this occuring due to some vaio utility or its a virus? Need your help urgently... thanks in advance
apurvashah
Found this helpful 2
Answer
apurvashah replied on

hey guys.. i have found out the answer... Problem is with vaio content analyzer software that comes along with vaio...

Just search for the Vaio content analyzer (settings) and unmark

Video analyzis
picture analyzis
music analyzis

I had gone mad searching this thing..used almost every kind of online scan and finally to find that it is caused by internal software only...

Anyways thanks to all...Hope this will help someone in future :)
Miller - Support Engineer
Found this helpful 0
Miller - Support Engineer replied on

Great apurvashah!  I'm glad you discovered the solution.  Thanks for letting us know, others will undoubtedly discover the information you have provided and find it useful.

-Thanks.

Sly_Wolf
Found this helpful 0
Sly_Wolf replied on

Hi guys, i've just purchased a new vaio and am having the same problem, well simililar problem. i can't find duplicates on my laptop but my ps3 shows everything in duplicate and triplicate. can you tell me where i can find these hidden files on my laptop so i can delete them.
Many thanks in advance.

P.S
i've only copied the pics and music from a seperate usb drive to the vista music or pictures folders respectively.

Thanks
Vegano
Found this helpful 0
Vegano replied on

SW123,

I am running Windows 7 Pro on a new VAIO Laptop (came with it), and of course the reason why I am here is because I am running into the same problem. I am going crazy with this one. I have tried different Antivirus/Malware softwares because I thought it was a virur/trojan or something to this effect, but nothing seems to help, exept for one thing, I started the computer on Safe Mode and copied and pasted a folder containing 35 pictures and no extra files have been created, (even after I restarted the computer on regular mode.) Then, I restarted the computer on regular mode and copied and pasted another folder containing pictures and guess what?...the problem again...the same issue....all popped up (only for this new folder.)

I have done a complete system restore and nothing...I've contacted Sony but nothing, I'll try calliing them again to see what happens but don't have my hopes up. I'll also try apurvashah's suggestion above, maybe it'll help...but as I stated above, the only thing thus far that has helped is starting the computer on safe mode and copying and pasting the pictures on safe mode. I'll continue monitoring this folder to see what deal is...

I hope this help a little bit...

Thanks,

Mr. Vegano
Previous Previous Page of 2 Next Next