lessdense
Had this question 3
Question
lessdense asked on

WAKE UP TIMER FOR THE COMPUTER?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO SET THE COMPUTER TO COME ALIVE FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATION AT A CERTAIN TIME?
A. User
Found this helpful 3
Answer
A. User replied on

You can set the computer to wake from hibernation or sleep with a scheduled network task set to occur at a certain time. 

Here's the procedure with some freeware that will assist in doing this: http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/how-to-automatically-wake-up-your-system-from-hibernation-and-perform-some-task.html.

Here's a somewhat better article on how to do it without using 3rd party software:http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/166809-task-scheduler-wake-up-computer.html.

Here's another option not using any 3rd party software:

1. Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Scheduled Tasks.
2. Launch the Scheduled Task Wizard by double-clicking Add Scheduled Task.
3. Click Next and select the program that you want to start when your system wakes up. Click Next.
4. In the following three screens, select the Daily option, the time that you want your system to wake up, and then type a username and password with Administrative privileges.
5. On the last page, select the Open Advanced Properties check box and click Finish.
6. When you see the Properties dialogbox for the scheduled task, choose the Setting tab and select the Wake The Computer To Run This Task check box.
7. Click OK.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Lorien - MCSE/MCSA/Network+/A+ --- If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
lessdense
Found this helpful 0
lessdense replied on

Thanks lorien 

I went with the 2nd option. It seems and looks like just what i wanted. Can't wait to try.

A. User
Found this helpful 0
A. User replied on

It was my pleasure - glad I could help.

Good luck and best wishes!

Lorien - MCSE/MCSA/Network+/A+ --- If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.