HECI interface is being reset warning

Hi is there any way that I can fix this error which is " warning HECI interface is being reset"  event ID 1
Answer
Answer

Hi Jason,

To assist you better I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1)      Do you get this error message while performing any particular task?

2)      What is the make and model number of the computer?

3)      Do you remember making any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) driver is from Intel. Now HECI driver is called Management Execution Engine (MEI) driver.

Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) driver is a software interface that is used to communicate to the AMT subsystem (Management Engine) to access AMT capabilities. Communication between the local host operating system (OS) and the ME is accomplished by means of the HECI driver. HECI is bi-directional, as either the host OS or Intel AMT firmware can initiate transactions.

Refer to the link below:

Let us talk about HECI and LMS

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2007/01/24/let-us-talk-about-heci-and-lms/

This may indicate that there is an error in the embedded controller hardware or firmware or that BIOS is accessing the embedded controller incorrectly.  So you should check with your computer manufacturer for upgraded BIOS.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you need further assistance regarding Windows, please feel free to post. We will be happy to help you.

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 20, 2024 Views 17,216 Applies to: