Can't get on the internet or print: Error code 0x81000202

last night I could no longer get on the internet and no longer print and said my audio system was turned off, asked if I wanted to turn on clicked yes and received an error saying that the system could not complete this. Then decided to do a system restore again was told that could not be done. 
Answer
Answer

Hi

Press "start"

Press "kontrolpanel"

Press "administration"

Press "systemkonfiguration" and mark the upper box (normal start)

Hope it will work

Kim

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Regarding your issue, could you please follow the steps below and let me know the results.

1.Have you performed any internet troubleshooting? Please visit the following website and related links to perform commonly troubleshooting about internet and printer issue.

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Extra references:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx

2. As the system reminded that System Audio is turned off, please check if the following services are enabled:

Multimedia Class Scheduler, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), DCOM Server Process Launcher, Plug and Play.

Please follow the instructions below and set all of the above services to Automatic.

1)    Click the start button, and in the search box type in: Services.

2)    Press 'Enter' to open Services window.

3)    Find related services list above, and check the Status and Startup Type.

4)    Double click the service to change the status to started and set startup type to Automatic.

3.What is the exact error message when you clicked yes? Please give me a screenshot.

Screenshot

==========

1)Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2)Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3)In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4)The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5)Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click “Desktop” on the left pane and then click "Save".

6)Upload the picture to SkyDrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ) and let me know the URL.

4.I suspect that you received the error code 0x81000202 during System Restore, is it right? According to your description that you decided to do a System Restore again, have you restored the system before?

Based on my research, this System Restore error code can be related to several reasons. To troubleshoot this issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions.

1)    To make sure System Restore is turned on and create a restore point, then perform a System Restore again to see if it works.

Please find the following related documents in Windows Help and Support window for detail steps.

a)    Turn System Restore on or off.

b)    How do I create a restore point manually.

2)    There is a forum similar with this issue, and a solution is given. Please visit the following website for references:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/0bf98a8f-4b56-42c7-920f-378e6c39250d/

Hope this helps.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 22, 2022 Views 10,348 Applies to: