lukedogg
Had this question 6
Question
lukedogg asked on

backup fails with ox8007045d error

I was backing up my laptop for first time and I get a message "request could not be preformed becauseof an I/O drive error (OX8007045D)" This was after one DVD had been filled and a 2nd one in computer and it appears it was at the tail end of the backup given how long the process had been running. What do I do to solve the problem and get a good dependable backup set
sreekanth47
Found this helpful 0
Answer
sreekanth47 replied on
Hi Lukedogg

Turn off auto(system) restore points on your C:\ drive (also SATA) and try to back-up without turning it back on; you should be able to back-up successfully. 

Thank you
Sreekanth
sreekanth47
Found this helpful 0
sreekanth47 replied on
Hi lukedogg

You can try the following steps below as well:

Goto computer properties | Advanced system settings | System protection tab.

Uncheck all drives, hit apply.  This will turn of shadow copies and clear them.

Reenable the drives, hit apply.  Since you just cleared them all you may also want to hit the create button to repopulate at least one.

Run the backup again.

Thank you
sreekanth

hammamelmzagangy
Found this helpful 0
hammamelmzagangy replied on
Thxxxxxxxxxxx
DinoDino34
Found this helpful 0
DinoDino34 replied on

I get the same message, but I am trying to
download from disk back to computer.
Do I do the same?
VV218
Found this helpful 0
VV218 replied on
I was backing up my laptop for first time and I get a message "request could not be preformed becauseof an I/O drive error (OX8007045D)" This was after one DVD had been filled and a 2nd one in computer and it appears it was at the tail end of the backup given how long the process had been running. What do I do to solve the problem and get a good dependable backup set
Hi sreekanth...

I got the same problem. I cant copy from or to my usb drive from my laptop. Am using windows 7.

I read your previous comment (2nd comment), but couldn't find any drives to uncheck in system protection tab.

What to do now?

Thanks

Visakh
James-
Found this helpful 0
James- replied on
Microsoft

Hello,

Because this thread was started by another person and because of the threads age, I suggest you follow the link below to start your own thread.

Asking your own question helps the community help you specifically with your issue. Remember to include all the details (your version of windows, specs of your system, any error codes etc...) that you can when you start your own thread.

New Thread Link Here

Henry L.F.Brown
Found this helpful 0
Henry L.F.Brown replied on

Thanks 4 d info.  I 'am running Windows Vista Home Premium. ....and I'am getting the (ox800704d error.)  U mentioned I should turn off d auto system restore points on C:\ also SATA   I'am new at this ....so how do go about doing this????  Step by Step please....