Windows Vista Help please - Windows Mail in Vista shows pop-up windows for user name and password

Hi:

I had configured an e-mail account using Windows Mail on Windows Vista machine. Later on, I added one more account on same machine using Windows Mail. Both of these accounts have same e-mail server details (but different account names and passwords).

For first account there is no problem in terms of sending and receiving the e-mails using Windows Mail. For the newly added e-mail account, I am facing problems. Even though all the details are same, it pops-up a window (window name "Windows Security") asking user name and password. Even if I put in correct user name and password, it keeps on popping this window and does not send the e-mail. If I use same username and password, I can log in on my webmail server without any problem.

I am finding this problem bit weared and tried all the options of removing the outgoing server authetication tick in the checkbox, putting the username and password manually, removing the password (to check if it works). But nothing is helping to resolve the issues.

Can somebody help me out in solving this problem

Warm Regards

Chandrashekhar S. Joshi
Answer
Answer
Hi Chandrashekhar,

Thanks for the information. Can you try Hal's advice and disable all virus and email scanners. I have been researching this and have found similar issues that have been resolved by doing this. Also, is it just the 10th account that gives you issues or just one specific account.

Hope this helps!
Shawn - Support Engineer - MCP, MCDST
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2020 Views 1,460 Applies to: