Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A ATA DEVICE don't work

My DVD/CD ROM don't work.  Device Manager shows a "!" on the Optiarc DVD RW AD-756A ATA DEVICE.
 1. Device status shows ( this device cannot start. (code 10) ).
 2. Updated Driver....shows the that best driver software for device is already installed.
 3.  This is the manufacture driver.
 4. Driver provider- Microsoft, Driver version-6.0.601. 18000, Manufacturer-(Standard CD-ROM drives)

Hope enough information.. oh, my computer is laptop Windows Vista-Service Pack 1,  Sony VAIO- VGN-NR22OE.

Thankful for any advice..

Answer
Answer
Hi Nikki 801,

Can you please attempt these steps?  Please be very cautious when editing the registry.  If you would please not delete anything just yet.  If you would please perform the following steps....If Upper and Lower Filters is not within this Registry Key, please simply exit the registry. 

To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start
    Collapse this imageExpand this image
    , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

Collapse this imageExpand this image
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
  2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
  3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
  4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
  5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
  6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
  7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
If you would please follow up with me at your earliest convenience, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Aaron Griffin
Support Engineer
Microsoft Support

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2022 Views 88,460 Applies to: